Do You Need Insurance For Betterhelp?(A Complete Guide)
This article will inform readers if they need insurance to avail the service of Betterhelp and what options do they have to pay for the services of this company. It will also provide reasoning as to why it accepts or does not accept insurance and by availing it’s service at its online platform what benefits do you get and how much they cost. The article will also highlight how you can pay for these online services.
Do You Need Insurance For Betterhelp?
No you do not need insurance to avail service at Betterhelp. In many cases, when it comes to using the services of a certain company, you need insurance. This is not the case when it comes to Betterhelp and its online mental health services.
In fact, Betterhelp discourages the use of insurance for their services due to a number of reasons such as:
- Health insurance plans have partial or limited coverage so it really isn’t useful. Most of the time they do not fully cover the costs and one ends up doing much paperwork to get very little benefit. On top of that you need to finance the insurance as well somehow.
- In the case that your health insurance plan covers all costs of the services, the co-pay of insurance may be higher than the entire cost of Betterhelp’s services – this is due to the generally low cost services of Betterhelp due to it’s online nature and ease of accessibility for all. So, it is better not to avail insurance because you may end up paying way more to get the insurance compared to the actual costs of the services.
- Clients at Betterhelp may not be able to use insurance because insurance companies often require that the diagnosis of a patient and their future treatment plans are sent to them. However, at Betterhelp service providers are not allowed to diagnose patients for a number of reasons. The service providers are also not allowed to prescribe drugs. As said before, insurance companies require some sort of documentation or proof that a person is indeed eligible for insurance.
- Betterhelp emphasizes that their costs for services are very low hence it is not advisable to use insurance. This is what they prefer and they also offer financial aid on their website which can be used to decrease the costs of sessions from around $280 to as low as $216.
If Not Insurance Then What – Payment Options At Betterhelp
You can pay for services at Betterhelp through the following methods:
- Credit Card: This is one of the options you have through which you can pay for your membership at this online company that provides mental health services
- Paypal: It is an online payment method that the company accepts.
- Financial Aid: This is an option Betterhelp provides to individuals who are not in a position to avail mental health services due to financial limitations. This financial aid can reduce your counseling fees from $280 to as low as $216 but applies to people based on their financial status and income.
Find these options convenient? Click here to sign up for services at Betterhelp!
What Is Betterhelp?
In this section we will look at the following:
- What Is Betterhelp?
- Services Available At Betterhelp
- The Cost of Services At Betterhelp
What Is Betterhelp?
With approximately 1700 licensed therapists available online at the click of a button, Betterhelp ensures that its clients receive the best help they can get by connecting them to professional therapists and counselors who know what they need to do This is apparent by the total number of sessions which Betterhelp has already conducted from their platform; a whopping 70 million sessions already completed! This is possible because the company understands the needs of clients well and hence provides therapy related services to them online and not just at physical location. In a world where things are changing constantly and the unknown is always around the corner, it is becoming more of a need rather than a desire to get services online and at your doorstep – we simply don’t have time nowadays!
Betterhelp is one of the largest online platforms that provides multiple services for all types of people who are suffering from mental health problems and require counseling. What is great about this service is that it is online hence it is available anywhere and every time. You do not have to go to the doctor’s office to get an appointment or wait in line for your turn. This is great if you feel pretty down and getting out of bed is a challenge for you!
Betterhelp recognizes everyone – they don’t discriminate. Whether you are a child who needs counseling or someone from a minority group or marginalized community, Betterhelp believes that no one should be kept away from getting the help they need! Also, Betterhelp recognizes the important diversity should be given; even though the differences don’t mean justify discrimination or leaving someone out, they do necessitate the special services we require. This includes people from all types of backgrounds.
Services Available At Betterhelp
How does Betterhelp reach out to its clients? Let us take as look at the following to find out:
- Chatrooms: These are open 24/7 and you can drop a message any time you feel like doing so. However, your counselor will only get back to you once they have the time or chance to. Usually people like dropping questions they want opinions on from their counselor and don’t mind waiting a bit.
- Live Chatting Sessions: here you can chat with your counselor in real time and there really is no limit on the number of messages exchanged or time spent talking here. It depends on the needs of the client and the nature of the problem.
- Live Phone Calls: Kind of like Skype this platform has their own system set up where you can have audio sessions with your service provider. It does not show your contact details to the counselor for reasons of privacy and in case the counselor and counselee become direct.
- Video Sessions: clients who are more comfortable or want a more personalized experience can also opt for video sessions. Like other mediums of interaction, there is no limit on these although people mostly hold the opinion that 1 or 2 sessions per week are sufficient.
The Cost Of Services At Betterhelp
This company offers different subscription packages that affect the amount of money you need to pay them at the end of the month. The details are given below for each subscription offer:
- Weekly Plan: It costs $80/week where you subscribe to their services for a week only and can avail whatever and how many sessions you need. In case you subscribe every week, you will have to pay $320 at the end of the month.
- Monthly Plan: It costs a total of $260 per month which breaks down to $60/week. The client is billed monthly as well – this is pretty straightforward
- Quarterly Plan: This plan costs a total of $540 but the weekly costs breaks down into $45 a week only because of the longer subscription availed by the client. At the end of the each month the client must pay $180
- Annual Plan: For clients who need long term services, they can pay $1820 which results in only $35 per week which is extremely cheap. At the end of each month the client is liable to pay $140 only which is the cheapest option.
Side Note: I have tried and tested various products and services to help with my anxiety and depression. See my top recommendations here, as well as a full list of all products and services our team has tested for various mental health conditions and general wellness.
Why Use Betterhelp – Even Without Insurance
Here are 5 reasons why Betterhelp is worth paying for:
- Unlimited Sessions
- Monthly Subscriptions
- Selecting A Service Provider
- Digital Worksheets
They not only have a subscription model that allows you to indulge in limitless sessions but each session is as long as you need it to be. Furthermore, you do not have to reveal your personal details to the counselor and you can change your counselor at any time if you feel they do not suit you. Apart from regular sessions, the site also gives you homework so you don’t feel alone offline.
Like Betterhelp and it’s services? Apply today and get the help you need!
This article apprised audiences that they do not need to have insurance to pay for Betterhelp’s services. It also informed that of the various methods they can pay for using the online company’s services and how they can get the best out of it by using the subscriptions packages. Furthermore, the article highlighted what services this company offers and their prices. It also highlighted 5 reasons why it’s service are worth the time and money.