Do kalms work for nerves? (A brief guide)
In this brief guide we will discuss “Do Kalms work for nerves?” and some other considerations when taking Kalms tablets.
Do kalms work for nerves?
The answer to “Do Kalms work for nerves?” is yes, Kalms may be very helpful for some people to help them calm their nerves during a presentation, a driving test or any other circumstance where they feel nervous.
However, it is recommended to read the label and it is also advised to start taking Kalms a few weeks before your presentation, driving test or depending on the situation.
Feeling nervous is something normal, our bodies react naturally to situations where we could be in probable danger.
We can feel nervous and anxious which is considered an adaptative behavior, however, in this modern world, such a response is not actually helpful in every situation we may face.
For instance, if we are presenting an important exam, and we start feeling nervous, start to sweat, among other physical reactions feeling like running away from the situation then it is not serving its real purpose since facing a situation of that nature won’t really hurt us.
However, according to the instructions on the leaflet, consider contacting your doctor or qualified healthcare practitioner if your symptoms get worse or you don’t see an improvement after 4 weeks, however, according to Lloyd’s Pharmacy, you should attempt to contact your doctor if there is worsening of the symptoms or no improvement after 7 days.
Who shouldn’t use Kalms?
Since one of the ingredients of Kalms is valerian root, avoid using it if you are using a medication to treat any of the following conditions (everyday health):
- any type of infection (including HIV, malaria, or tuberculosis);
- anxiety or depression;
- asthma or allergies;
- erectile dysfunction;
- heartburn or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD);
- high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or a heart condition;
- migraine headaches;
- psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, or other autoimmune disorders;
- a psychiatric disorder; or
What are Kalms tablets?
When answering “Do Kalms work for nerves?” it is necessary to understand what Klams tablets are and their ingredients.
Kalms Tablets are hop strobiles and extracts of Valerian root and Gentian root, which is a traditional herbal medicine treatment for the temporary relief of:
- Symptoms associated with stress (e.g mild anxiety, worry, irritability)
- Symptoms related to menopause (e.g flushings, worry, wakefulness, cold sweats)
- Sleeping problems, promoting natural sleep
If you have any of the following, do not attempt to take Kalms tablets:
- You are allergic to any of the ingredients
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You are under the age of 18
- You are already taking medicine for anxiety or for sleep
- You are taking other medicines
Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you can take Kalms tablets when taking other prescription medicines or medicines without a prescription.
It is important to know that this medicine contains sucrose so if you know you are intolerant to some sugars, contact your doctor for additional advice before taking the medicine.
Also, if you feel sleepy due to the medicine do not attempt to drive or handle any machinery.
In addition, the effects of this medicine may be increased by alcohol intake, meaning, alcohol should be avoided while taking the medicine.
How to take Kalms tablets
If you want temporary relief symptoms associated with stress such as mild anxiety and irritability or symptoms that are associated with menopause, the adults and children over 12 years, the recommended dose is 2 tablets three times per day with water after meals, according to the Kalms Tablets leaflet.
It is not recommended for children under the age of 12 years old.
In contrast, if you are going to use it for the temporary relief of sleep disturbances, the recommended dose for adults and the elderly is 2 tablets 30 to 60 minutes before bedtime.
One additional tablet can be taken earlier during the evening if necessary.
Always Remember to consult with your doctor and read the instructions (leaflet) carefully before starting the medication.
Additional recommendations include:
- For oral short term use only.
- The tablets should be swallowed whole with water or other liquid
- The use of this product in children or adolescents under 18 years of age is not recommended because data is not sufficient and medical advice should be sought.
- As treatment effects may not be apparent immediately, this medicine should be taken for 2-4 weeks continuously
- The maximum daily dose is 6 tablets, Do not exceed the stated dose.
For how long can I use it?
As discussed, if symptoms worsen or do not improve after 4 weeks, a doctor or a qualified healthcare practitioner should be consulted.
If you take more Kalms tablets than you should If you take too many tablets, consult your doctor or qualified healthcare practitioner as soon as possible.
Do not attempt to take a double dose to make up for any missed dose if you forget taking your Kalms tablets.
Also, if you are unsure about this medication, consult your doctor or qualified healthcare practitioner for advice.
The answer to “Do Kalms work for nerves?” is “yes, but it is not a long term solution”.
If you have decided to keep taking Kalms tablets because you have felt better, know it is not going to be permanent.
Instead, we advise you to get professional help from a mental health professional.
Possible side effects
Every medicine has its side effects, even though this is considered a natural and herbal remedy.
Among the medicinal herbs, one of the best is Ayurvedic herbs, which work for stress and anxiety, as well as Kava and Bach.
Kalms tablets can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them:
- Gastrointestinal effects such as nausea and stomach cramps have been reported with Valerian root preparations. However, the frequency is still not known.
- Gastrointestinal disorders have been observed with Gentian root. The frequency was uncommon.
- In rare cases, tachycardia and pruritus have been reported.
- Headache may occur. The frequency is unknown.
- If any of the side effects become serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed here, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Kalms tablets ingredients
The active substance per coated tablet is:
- 45mg of Hop Strobiles (Humulus lupulus L.)
- 33.75mg of extract (as dry extract) from Valerian root (Valeriana officinalis L.) (equivalent to 135 to 167mg of Valerian root)
- Extraction solvent: Ethanol 60%v/v
- 22.5mg of extract (as dry extract) from Gentian root (Gentiana lutea L.) (equivalent to 90mg of Gentian root)
- Extraction solvent: Ethanol 50% v/v Each coated tablet contains 247mg sucrose.
Other ingredients include:
- Extract: Maltodextrin, Silicon Dioxide
- Core: Acacia (Spray-dried), Icing Sugar, Magnesium Stearate, Maize Starch, Silicon Dioxide, Sodium Starch Glycolate, Stearic Acid.
- Coating: Acacia (Spray-dried), Calcium Carbonate (Light), Carnauba Wax, Mastercote White SP0950G, Talc, Shellac Varnish, Sucrose, Titanium Dioxide E171, Yellow Beeswax.
Types of Kalms
There are 4 known types of Kalms.
The first two are intended for anxiety during the day, and night versions to help with sleeping problems according to Nosleeplessnights.com:
1. Kalms tablets (Kalms Day)
These can be used during the day to help people with mild anxiety symptom relief.
It is recommended to take two tablets, three times a day. The ingredients are valerian and hops.
They used to contain gentian, but that was removed.
2. Kalms Lavender
Research has been focusing efforts on showing how Lavender has sedative properties that can help reduce anxiety and stress.
Kalms Lavender is a capsule containing lavender oil 80 mg, intended to help with anxiety.
3. Kalms Night
Kalms night are intended to be used during the night to help you sleep. You take four tablets one hour before going to sleep.
Each pill contains valerian root extract 96 mg, so you can take less than four if you prefer.
4. Kalms One-A-Night
Rather than having the option to take less if needed, Kalms One-A-Night is a single pill at a stronger dosage of valerian extract 385 mg.
Why is this blog about “Do Kalms work for nerves” important?
Stress and anxiety are very common problems, and we tend to look for medicine, supplement or herbs that can help us reduce them. You can check out the Best Natural Herbs for Anxiety.
As we discussed, Kalms tablets have valerian root as one of the main components which has been associated with having a relaxing effect which in term relieves stress and anxiety symptoms, sleep disturbances and symptoms related to menopause.
Consequently, when answering the question “Do Kalms work for nerves?”, there is no absolute answer if we think how everyone can react differently to their components but still this is considered a very good and natural option, however, always talk to your doctor and ask for medical advice before starting the medicine.
Please feel free to comment in the comments section below!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about “Do Kalms work for nerves”
Does kalms work for anxiety?
Yes, Kalms is said to relieve periods of anxiety, stress and irritability.
Are there any side effects from taking kalms?
Does kalms affect driving?
Yes, Kalms is not advised to be taken before driving or operating machinery or tools since they have a sedative effect and can make you feel sleepy which can pose a threat to your safety.
How do you deal with test nerves?
There are many ways to deal with test nerves:
Make sure you organize the topics that may appear on the exam.
Make sure to have an organized study schedule early on.
If you consider do not have good notes, ask for someone else’s notes to study.
Focus on success, not in past experiences or failures.
Try not to memorize by heart but find a more practical way to learn the topics.
Get creative and try using visual aids such as images, mental maps, conceptual maps, etc.
Do not over study! This won’t guarantee you will know more or have greater chances to pass the exam.
What do kalms actually do?
Kalms are said to relieve worry, irritability, stress, and anxiety.
In addition, it can relieve symptoms of the menopause such as weakness, flushing, and cold sweats.
In addition, it can help with insomnia and sleeping problems promoting natural sleep.
- Kalms Day
- Kalms Night
- Kalms Lavender
- Kalms Sleep
Take Control of Your Anxiety Today: Personalized Counseling with BetterHelp
Are you feeling overwhelmed and anxious?
BetterHelp offers personalized counseling and therapy sessions with licensed professionals who specialize in anxiety management. Our online platform allows you to access therapy from the comfort of your own home, making it easier for you to prioritize your mental health.
With BetterHelp, you’ll receive support and guidance to help you develop practical coping strategies, reduce your anxiety symptoms, and improve your overall well-being.
Join the thousands of people who have already benefited from our services and take the first step towards a happier, healthier life.
Sign up for BetterHelp today