In this brief guide, we will discuss “Do Kalms night work?” and some other considerations when taking Kalms tablets.
Do kalms night work?
“Do Kalms night work?” you may be wondering.
Probably you have got a recommendation on from a friend of a friend or a relative about trying Kalms night.
Even more so, they could have given their personal opinion about it or you may have read a lot of comments over internet forums about how they work and if they are helpful or not.
First, it is worth mentioning that Kalms night tablets contain valerian root extract which is a herbal remedy that has been used for
However, according to the instructions on the leaflet, consider contacting your doctor or qualified healthcare practitioner if your symptoms get worse or you don’t see an improvement after 4 weeks, however, according to Lloyd’s Pharmacy, you should attempt to contact your doctor if there is worsening of the symptoms or no improvement after 7 days.
Who shouldn’t use Kalms?
Since one of the ingredients of Kalms is valerian root, avoid using it if you are using a medication to treat any of the following conditions (everyday health):
- any type of infection (including HIV, malaria, or tuberculosis);
- anxiety or depression;
- asthma or allergies;
- erectile dysfunction;
- heartburn or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD);
- high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or a heart condition;
- migraine headaches;
- psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, or other autoimmune disorders;
- a psychiatric disorder; or
What are Kalms tablets?
When answering “Do Kalms night work?” it is necessary to understand what Klams tablets are and their ingredients.
Kalms Tablets are hop strobiles and extracts of Valerian root and Gentian root, which is a traditional herbal medicine treatment for the temporary relief of:
- Symptoms associated with stress (e.g mild anxiety, worry, irritability)
- Symptoms related to menopause (e.g flushings, worry, wakefulness, cold sweats)
- Sleeping problems, promoting natural sleep
If you have any of the following, do not attempt to take Kalms tablets:
- You are allergic to any of the ingredients
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You are under the age of 18
- You are already taking medicine for anxiety or for sleep
- You are taking other medicines
Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you can take Kalms tablets when taking other prescription medicines or medicines without a prescription.
It is important to know that this medicine contains sucrose so if you know you are intolerant to some sugars, contact your doctor for additional advice before taking the medicine.
Also, if you feel sleepy due to the medicine do not attempt to drive or handle any machinery.
In addition, the effects of this medicine may be increased by alcohol intake, meaning, alcohol should be avoided while taking the medicine.
What are Kalms night used for?
According to Kalmsrange, some signs of sleeping problems include:
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Light or restless sleeping
- Waking often
- Lying awake
- Waking early
Therefore, if you are experiencing any of these problems, Kalms night and Kalms One-A-Night are said to aid promoting a refreshing and restful night’s sleep.
However, they are not a permanent solution and are not effective in every case.
How to take Kalms tablets
If you want temporary relief symptoms associated with stress such as mild anxiety and irritability or symptoms that are associated with menopause, the adults and children over 12 years, the recommended dose is 2 tablets three times per day with water after meals, according to the Kalms Tablets leaflet.
It is not recommended for children under the age of 12 years old.
In contrast, if you are going to use it for the temporary relief of sleep disturbances, the recommended dose for adults and the elderly is 2 tablets 30 to 60 minutes before bedtime.
One additional tablet can be taken earlier during the evening if necessary.
Always remember to consult with your doctor and read the instructions (leaflet) carefully before starting the medication.
Additional recommendations include:
- For oral short term use only.
- The tablets should be swallowed whole with water or other liquid
- The use of this product in children or adolescents under 18 years of age is not recommended because data is not sufficient and medical advice should be sought.
- As treatment effects may not be apparent immediately, this medicine should be taken for 2-4 weeks continuously
- The maximum daily dose is 6 tablets, Do not exceed the stated dose.
For how long can I use it?
As discussed, if symptoms worsen or do not improve after 4 weeks, a doctor or a qualified healthcare practitioner should be consulted.
If you take more Kalms tablets than you should or if you take too many tablets, consult your doctor or qualified healthcare practitioner as soon as possible.
Do not attempt to take a double dose to make up for any missed dose if you forget taking your Kalms tablets.
Also, if you are unsure about this medication, consult your doctor or qualified healthcare practitioner for advice.
So, “Do Kalms night work?”.
Everyone reacts differently to the components, so it is not simply as saying “yes, for sure”, even though they are meant to help to deal with stress, sleeping problems, and mild anxiety.
However, if you decide to try them, it is important to consult with your doctor.
Possible side effects
Every medicine has its side effects, even though this is considered a natural and herbal remedy.
Kalms tablets can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them:
- Gastrointestinal effects such as nausea and stomach cramps have been reported with Valerian root preparations. However, the frequency is still not known.
- Gastrointestinal disorders have been observed with Gentian root. The frequency was uncommon.
- In rare cases, tachycardia and pruritus have been reported.
- Headache may occur. The frequency is unknown.
- If any of the side effects become serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed here, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Kalms tablets ingredients
The active substance per coated tablet is:
Kalms tablets ingredients
The active substance per coated tablet is:
- Dry extract from Valerian root, 96 mg (Valeriana officinalis L.) (equivalent to 384 – 480mg of Valerian root)
- Extraction solvent: Ethanol 60%v/v Excipients: Maltodextrin, Colloidal Anhydrous Silica.
The other ingredients are:
- Core: Croscarmellose Sodium,
- Magnesium Stearate,
- Silicified Microcrystalline Cellulose,
- Talc and Silicon Dioxide.
- Coating: Hypromellose, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Macrogol, Saccharine Sodium.
Types of Kalms
There are 4 known types of Kalms.
The first two are intended for anxiety during the day, and night versions to help with sleeping problems according to Nosleeplessnights.com:
1. Kalms tablets (Kalms Day)
These can be used during the day to help people with mild anxiety symptom relief.
It is recommended to take two tablets, three times a day.
The ingredients are valerian and hops. They used to contain gentian, but that was removed.
2. Kalms Lavender
Research has been focusing efforts on showing how Lavender has sedative properties that can help reduce anxiety and stress.
Kalms Lavender is a capsule containing lavender oil 80 mg, intended to help with anxiety.
3. Kalms Night
Kalms night are intended to be used during the night to help you sleep. You take four tablets one hour before going to sleep.
Each pill contains valerian root extract 96 mg, so you can take less than four if you prefer.
4. Kalms One-A-Night
Rather than having the option to take less if needed, Kalms One-A-Night is a single pill at a stronger dosage of valerian extract 385 mg.
Why is this blog about “Do Kalms night work” important?
Stress and anxiety are considered very common these days, especially due to the hectic lives we tend to have.
To treat it people tend to look for medicine, supplement or herbs that can help us reduce them. You can check out the Best Natural Herbs for Anxiety.
As we discussed, Kalms night have valerian root as one of the main components which has been associated with having a relaxing effect which in term relieves stress and anxiety symptoms, sleep disturbances and symptoms related to menopause.
Consequently, when answering the question “Do Kalms night work?”, we can conclude that it can be a temporary solution for sleeping problems due to its sedative effect but if you experience worsening of symptoms then it is recommended to look for professional help.
Please feel free to comment in the comments section below!
Side Note: I have tried and tested various products and services to help with my anxiety and depression. See my top recommendations here, as well as a full list of all products and services our team has tested for various mental health conditions and general wellness.
What we recommend for curbing Anxiety
Below are some of the services and products we recommend for anxiety
- Online therapy is another thing we should all try. We highly recommend Online therapy with a provider who not only provides therapy but a complete mental health toolbox to help your wellness.
- Anxiety Weighted Blankets are by far the number 1 thing every person who suffers from anxiety should at least try. Anxiety Blankets may improve your sleep, allow you to fall asleep faster and you can even carry them around when chilling at home.
- Amber light therapy from Amber lights could increase the melatonin production in your body and help you sleep better at night. An Amber light lamp helps reduce the amount of time it takes you to fall asleep and increases overall sleep quality.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about “Do Kalms night work?”
What are the side effects of kalms?
Some reported side effects may include headaches, upset stomach, thinking problems, dry mouth, feeling excited or uneasy, having strange dreams or daytime drowsiness.
How long can you take kalms night for?
It is recommended to talk to your doctor or local chemist to know more about how long can you take kalms night for, however, the tablets are not considered habit-forming or addictive.
Are kalms any good for anxiety?
Kalms are said to help temporarily with mild anxiety symptoms such as stress and nervousness.
However, remember everyone reacts differently to the components of Kalms tablets which in term means, they might not have the same effect on you as they did for someone else.
How many kalms can you take before bed?
According to the leaflet “swallow 4 tablets 30 to 60 mins before bedtime.
If necessary, on subsequent evenings, swallow 4 additional tablets earlier during the evening”.
How long should you take kalms for?
It is recommended to use Kalms tablets for 2 weeks to ensure the best possible results since the effects of the product may not be noticeable straight away.
- Kalms Day
- Kalms Night
- Kalms Lavender
- Kalms Sleep