CPCAB level 4 diploma in therapeutic counselling
In this brief blog, we will be talking about CPCAB level 4 diploma in therapeutic counselling, the topics covered in CPCAB level 4 diploma in therapeutic counselling, the goal of CPCAB level 4 diploma in counselling, and more information about CPCAB level 4 diploma in therapeutic counselling.
What is the CPCAB level 4 diploma in therapeutic counselling?
The CPCAB level 4 diploma in therapeutic counselling is a kind of counselling course that can help you learn how to be a counsellor and using the ethical framework in your practice.
Counsellors are needed in our society since they help people get through the mental health complications that can come through their lives whether they are depressed or anxious.
The CPCAB level 4 diploma in therapeutic counselling is for people who want to learn more about how to be a proper counsellor to help other people who are in need of these services.
The key characteristics of this counselling course are the following:
- Enables you to qualify as a professional counsellor in the professional field
- Integrates work-based learning at a local college with OU knowledge-based modules
- If you already have the obligated CPCAB qualifications, you can top up to the diploma by studying just the OU theory modules
- Develops a solid foundation for further study
Phases of the CPCAB level 4 diploma in therapeutic counselling
The CPCAB level 4 diploma in therapeutic counselling has 2 phases where they are worth 120 credits each. In this case, you will get 120 credits for phase 1 once you have finished this kind of phase.
In phase 2, you will learn 30 credits in your CPCAB level 4 diploma in therapeutic counselling but you will earn 90 credits once you have reached your OU module in this kind of counselling course.
You should study this counselling course in a part-time version before reaching the stage of getting your OU diploma.
This diploma will be covering the fundamentals of counselling and what you generally need to do as a counsellor.
You will discover the different theories of counselling and how to apply ethics in your counselling practice with different clients.
You will get experience when you are being given supervised placements where you can use your counselling skills to clients.
The eligibility requirements for this course will further discuss the activities done in this course.
You can learn more about improving your counselling skills by buying this book on this website.
In the phase 2 of this course, you are required to take 2 paths.
One path is to take the level 5 Diploma in Counselling after this counselling course to get your diploma for this counselling course.
In the second path, you need to take another counselling course that is relevant to this counselling course.
This can help you earn your OU module which can make you a professional in mastering how to take care of people with mental illness.
You also have to take into account the following conditions:
- The instructors would suggest that you only take the Level 4 CPCAB Diploma alongside the knowledge-based OU modules if you are able to study full-time in the course
- if you select to move forward to a Level 5 CPCAB Diploma you must have finished the Level 4 CPCAB qualification.
This counselling course can help you get the skills you will need when you are to become a counselling practitioner.
You can be a counsellor in any setting such as a medical setting or non-medical setting.
Students who have enough experience in this counselling practice will become counsellors in a private practice.
Students must be able to take the following teachings in this counselling course:
- Working ethically, securely and professionally as a counselling practitioner
- Working within a counselling relationship with a client
- Working with client differences in counselling work
- Working within a user-centred model to counselling
- Working with self-understanding in the counselling process
- Working within a structured framework of counselling theory and skills
- Working self-reflectively as a counselling practitioner
When you are done taking this counselling course, you have the eligibility to become a counselling practitioner who knows the ropes when it comes to counselling.
A 100-hour supervised placement is part of this counselling course where you will be doing your counselling skills in the field which can be done when you are in the 2nd year of your course.
As mentioned in the name, this counselling course is accredited by the CPCAB.
Eligibility requirements to attend the CPCAB level 4 diploma in therapeutic counselling
The following are the requirements you need to apply for this kind of counselling course depending on your earned membership and academic background
Students should have the following qualifications:
- CPCAB’s Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills (CSK-L2)
- CPCAB’s Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies (CST-L3)
- APEL or prior learning or anything equivalent
English Language Requirements for International students:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- IELTS 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills
- PTE 51 Or an authorized equivalent test in English
Similar qualifications are the following:
- Grade C or above in English
- Successfully finished a Level 3 Vocational Programme with assessments accomplished in English Language
- Essential Skills in Literacy which must be Level 2
- ESOL Level 2
The following are the necessary qualifications for Tier 4 students:
- Organisations who offer this counselling course will only accept a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for issuing a Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
You should also give evidence you have the necessary experience to make you qualified for this kind of counselling course and this kind of experience in counselling should be supervised.
You can improve your confidence in doing well in your practical experience of being a student counsellor by buying this book on this website.
Which CPCAB courses should you start first before taking the CPCAB level 4 diploma in therapeutic counselling?
You need to begin with the CPCAB level 2 courses before taking it to the next level
Who is this counselling qualification for?
This counselling qualification is for students who are new to the counselling practice and they still need the experience to know about what to do in a counselling practice.
The following are also the steps you need to take before taking the level 4 counselling course.
Stage 2 (compulsory)
You need to study this stage next to help you get the counselling skills you need.
You are obliged to take this counselling course to help you know the fundamentals of being a counselling practitioner and what needs to be done in professional ways.
This is the counselling course that will lead to your development in the Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills.
After this counselling course, you will then more to the 3rd level to get you to your counselling career.
Before you proceed to this stage, you need to make sure you have taken a counselling course that teaches level 2 counselling skills from an awarding body who are offering these counselling courses.
Who is this counselling qualification for?
This is the middle part of your progress into becoming a counsellor.
This will equip you with the knowledge of the counselling theories that most counselling practitioners are using in their practice.
With this qualification, you can do volunteer work in an agency where you will be taught the basics of counselling skills.
This project can help you get a supervised placement in advance to get you the experience you need.
You can learn more about the counselling theories for this course by buying this book on this website.
How much does the CPCAB level 4 diploma in therapeutic counselling cost?
This counselling course can be paid for its two-year course where you can pay it in advance from your student loan.
Or you can pay it fully each year which is £357.00 per academic year.
Extra expenses in this counselling course:
- To undergo your placement you will need to get a DBS and receive monthly supervision, these may get a personal cost based on the organisation you obtain a placement with
- 20 hours Personal Therapy over the two years
- Membership of the BACP as a student
Who is the CPCAB level 4 diploma in therapeutic counselling as a qualification for?
This counselling course is for people who want to gain more knowledge and skills for their counselling professionals wherever they are working in.
This counselling course can make you a trainee counsellor where you can focus on applying your learned skills in the field of counselling.
You can be guided in your counselling practice by buying this book for counselling skills on this website.
Aim of the CPCAB level 4 diploma in therapeutic counselling
This kind of counselling course is made for people who want to learn how to be competent and knowledgeable about the skills needed by counsellors.
This kind of counselling course is helpful for people who need to pursue a counselling career or want a voluntary role in society.
When you are finished with this kind of counselling course, you will become a therapeutic counsellor where you will be guided accordingly by an experienced therapeutic counselling in the process.
The future after taking the CPCAB level 4 diploma in therapeutic counselling
When you are finished with this counselling course, you may proceed to the following CPCAB courses aside from this counselling course:
- Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (PC-L5)
- Level 5 Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic Skills and Theory (CBT-L5)
- Open University Foundation Degree in Counselling (access to this course is based on the achievement of the Level 4 Diploma (TC-L4) and an integration of other short modules, one of which is mandatory
You might even want to work as a BACP member as a counsellor which you can when you finish one of the courses offered by this association.
As mentioned before, you are considered as a therapeutic counsellor upon employment in an organisation that needs you.
Counselling qualifications that you can earn from this counselling course:
- Built from the latest research into effective evidence-based counselling
- Bring oneself to an independent practitioner position and/or further study
- Support a wide variety of other helping professions such as social worker, nurse, care worker
- Meet the standards set by the professional bodies for counselling and are accredited and authorized by Ofqual
- Make you capable to become part of a unique online community and avail of free training videos on an association’s website
You can learn more about the counselling skills of social workers by buying this book here.
In this brief blog, we have talked about CPCAB level 4 diploma in therapeutic counselling, the topics covered in CPCAB level 4 diploma in therapeutic counselling, the goal of CPCAB level 4 diploma in counselling, and more information about CPCAB level 4 diploma in therapeutic counselling.
If you have any information about CPCAB level 4 diploma in therapeutic counselling, please let us know and the team will gladly answer your queries.
FAQs: cpcab level 4 diploma in therapeutic counselling
Can you be a counsellor with a level 4 diploma?
Yes, you can be a counsellor with a level 4 diploma. You are able to develop in your professional way where you will enhance your knowledge and skills in research and practicing counselling with different kinds of people.
Is Cpcab a recognised qualification?
Yes, Cpcab is a recognised qualification.
This kind of qualification is specialised based on the courses that it offers to people.
BACP is also a recognised qualification such as CPCAB but it does not award qualifications.
Are Cpcab courses accredited by the BACP?
No, CPCAB courses are not accredited by the BACP.
This is because this kind of qualification is evaluated by a national criteria.
This kind of qualification is authorised in England and Wales.
Are Chrysalis courses BACP accredited?
No, Chrysalis courses are not BACP accredited.
These kinds of courses are accredited by the National Counselling Society and the National Hypnotherapy Society which is a connected organisation with two branches.
Which is better Cpcab or BACP?
CPCAB is better than BACP.
This is because CPCAB awards qualifications that are based on a national criteria.
While BACP tends to not be awarded or awarded with a national qualification since it is a private organisation.
Cpcab. Becoming a counsellor.
Cpcab. Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (TC-L4).
Open University. Diploma of Higher Education in Counselling.
SERC. CPCAB LEVEL 4 DIPLOMA IN THERAPEUTIC COUNSELLING.
Shrewsbury Counselling Group. Level 4 CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.