Cover letter for PWC(4 samples)
This article will list samples of “cover letters for PWC.”
Samples of PWC cover letters
When applying for a position at PWC, your cover letter is an opportunity for you to tell your story, without being stuck in the formatting constraints of the resume. The best format for writing a cover letter is as follows:
- Address the employer with a formal salutation. For example, “Dear/Hello (name of the recipient).” If you do not know the recipient’s name, you can refer to them as the hiring manager.
- The next step is to state the position you are applying for and how you found the opening.
- Make a brief statement about why you’re interested in the position. Write a paragraph about why you are the perfect candidate for the job.
- State your skills and work experience. Ensure your skills and experiences are similar to the job position. When highlighting skills, provide the accomplishment you have achieved.
- Conclude your letter with a forward-looking statement. For example, “I look forward to discussing the position further.”
Sample 1: “Cover letter for PWC”
“Dear Hiring profession:
I attended your recruitment talk at Polytechnic University on 13 Sep and I was impressed by the prospect of an audit and international atmosphere at work in PwC. Since I have a compound background in both Engineering and Finance and I am currently pursuing a master degree in accounting expected to graduate in 2017, I welcome the opportunity to become a part of the PwC Assurance team and utilize my knowledge and skills to assist your clients to achieve their goals.
One of the primary competencies for a professional service provider is to communicate with clients effectively and efficiently. This skill is extremely essential to an auditor and I have some work experience to interact with customers as a rep. in a mutual funds company. This is the first job I conducted after graduation when I need to handle a large amount of inquiries and complaints from our clients. And I have to say it was an amazing opportunity to enhance my communication skills with customers from different background and I need to put myself on their shoes to understand the point what they want to deliver. This entry level position gave me a better understanding of the needs of various clients and how to offer them the most suitable service.
Except for proficient social abilities, another ability that plays a vital role in a career of an analyst is data analyze skills which include how to sort out mass of data and evaluate these evidence critically. I still remember the first time I got involved in some data analysis work was when I was appointed to be responsible for our official social media account and content marketing job. In order to plan a solid online marketing strategy I have to dig and collect tons of data to figure out the trend on the Internet and finance market as well as the habits and interests of web users. Even now I am still learning the database and Python techniques to improve my data processing skills as I believe these experience and tools will give me an apparent advantage in my career.
I define myself as a lifelong learner and what I value is personal growth both in work experience and mindset. I believe that to joining in PwC is the ideal beginning to launch my career in public accounting and help me grow fast and enrich my life. I sincerely appreciate your time and consideration.
Sample 2: “Cover letter for PWC”
“Graduate Job in Consulting – Strategy
Having two degrees in business and management, I have strong enthusiasm and determination to enter the career path. I take my intentions seriously as building a brilliant career is a priority to me in order to realise my potential. Now I am intensively looking for a place to apply my knowledge I have acquired at university. My aspiration is to become a part of an organisation that makes significant changes in the world economy. To achieve this, I want to work within a graduate programme that would not only give me a chance to specialise in an area like consulting but also have opportunities to continue my development with training courses and professional accreditations. I believe the scheme at PwC offers just that.
I would relish the opportunity to work for a global professional services company that is highly respected by its clients and society in general. Moreover, your leading positions in such famous rankings as The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers and The Times Top 50 Employers for Women definitely strengthened my motivation to apply to you. For me, it shows your emphasis on investing in young female people. Therefore, I believe that I have the right combination of relevant skills to succeed in this role. I can define my strongest skills as follows: excellent interpersonal and communication skills, great analytical and research skills, leadership skills, and global acumen.
In terms of this graduate position, I think there are few attributes that would give me an advantage over other PwC candidates. Firstly, I speak fluently three languages and have basic knowledge in other three languages. Secondly, I effortlessly moved to the UK to do my master’s degree which signifies my ability to transcend any cultural or geographic barriers. Finally, I already have experience in working with a consultancy company. In particular, I successfully led a group of 6 students in a consulting project and delivered an individual report about the ways to improve interorganisational collaboration between professional service firms.
I appreciate your time taken to consider my application. I look forward to hearing from you.”
Sample 3: “Cover letter for PWC”
“The Human Resource Manager
P.O Box 8965-00100
RE: APPLICATION FOR THE GRADUATE TRAINEE PROGRAMME
I wish to express my interest in the above mentioned position as advertised in the newspaper. I graduated in October last year with a second class upper Bachelor’s degree in Communications from Kenyatta University.
I believe my excellent communication and interpersonal skills that I developed during my course work and attachment at ABC Company make me the best candidate for this position.
I am confident that your organisation’s graduate programme will help me to gain valuable experience in the industry.
Please find attached my CV for your consideration. I look forward to discussing the value I will be bringing to your company.
Sample 4: “Cover letter for PWC”
“MONTH DAY, YEAR
Dear [RECRUITER] and members of the McKinsey recruiting team,
Thank you for considering my application for Business Analyst at PWC. I am attracted to PWC because of the firm’s commitment to create an unrivaled environment for exceptional people by developing one another through apprenticeship, mentoring, and sustaining a caring meritocracy.
Given the opportunity to join PWC, I would bring to the firm my entrepreneurial drive, problem solving skills, and a collaborative approach.
- Entrepreneurial drive: I was a scholarship athlete on the [UNIVERSITY] football team and was expected to arrive on campus a month before classes started. This reduced summer availability left me at a disadvantage for traditional summer internships, so I founded my own landscaping business. It was grassroots, and I conducted business relationships built on trust and relied on word of mouth. To ensure superb deliverables, I taught myself Google Sketchup to model my projects before building them. I learned about drainage and construction techniques using YouTube videos and manufacturer websites so that I could build retaining walls and outdoor structures. Using self-taught skills, I netted $30,000 in profit over the course of 3 summers which was a major source of funding for my education.
- Problem solving: To increase the competitiveness of our off-season testing, the [UNIVERSITY] strength staff started an event called the “Tricolour Draft.” As a captain in this draft, I was responsible for drafting a team of my peers. Rather than relying on my perception of players, I took a more empirical approach. After seeking out the previous year’s testing numbers, I entered them into Excel and added projections for players who were new to the team. I was then able to rank all my teammates based on their average performance across all the tests. I drafted my team strictly according to the unbiased rankings on this list and let the opposing teams draft based on their subjective feelings. My team ended up winning the competition and, using the exact same approach, I won the following years Tricolour Draft as well.
- Collaborative: When I was 4, my parents took roles as expats and moved our family to Khartoum, Sudan. I went to an international school but lived among the locals. This resulted in a unique environment to grow up in and one where I developed some great relationships. One such relationship was with a company employed driver, for whom I was the best man at his wedding at the age of 7! I quickly realized that everyone, from my peers to the locals, brought something to the table. I learned that people from all walks of life possessed valuable perspective and input worth considering. This recognition of diversity and drive to collaborate has given me the skills to produce results on teams and to form meaningful relationships with people of varied backgrounds.
I hope to bring these same attributes to PWC. Thank you for your consideration.
Frequently Asked Questions: Samples of PWC cover letters
What are the common mistakes to avoid when writing a cover letter?
Here are a few common mistakes to avoid:
- Don’t focus on yourself too much.
- Don’t write salary expectations.
- Avoid wrong paragraphs.
What should my purchasing manager cover letter contain?
The main purpose of a cover letter is to introduce yourself, mention the job you’re applying for and show that your skills and experience match the needed skills and experience for the job.
If you like this blog post, please leave your comments and questions below.