Cover letter for OJT(4 samples)
This article will show samples of “cover letters for OJT.”
Samples of cover letters for OJT(On the Job Training)
When writing a cover letter for OJT here are some of the things to include in the letter:
- Mention your fresh knowledge. Use your recent learning experiences to your advantage; an employer might be more willing to hire you if they know you can help their business acclimate to new technologies or practices.
- Express your energy and enthusiasm. It shows the potential motivation you will bring to a job as a fresh college graduate.
- Check your grammar and proofread your letter. It is a way of showing employers your ability to write comprehensive, error-free messages.
- The first step is addressing the employer with a formal salutation. For example, “Dear/Hello (name of the recipient).” If you do not know the name of the recipient, you can refer to them as the hiring manager.
- The next step is to state the position you are applying for and how you found the opening.
- Make a brief statement about why you’re interested in the position.
- Since you are a recent graduate, it would help to emphasize your college coursework, internships, and other experiences that show your employability.
- Ensure your qualifications are similar to the job position.
- Conclude your letter with a forward-looking statement. For example, “I look forward to discussing the position further.”
Sample 1: “Cover letter for OJT”
“May 14, 2005
Ms. Rowena D. Cantilla
Dear Ms. Cantilla:
I am Jennifer R. dela Cruz, fourth year student of Santa Monica College, Bulacan Branch. In partial fulfillment of the requirements of Bachelor of Science in Computer Technology, I am required to have an On-the-Job Training (OJT) for a minimum of 480 hours or an equivalent of 60 days starting June 15, 2005.
I would like to apply as a trainee in your prestigious company because I know that the training and the experience I will gain will widen my knowledge about my course.
I hope for your favorable response regarding my application.
Jennifer R. dela Cruz
Sample 2: “Cover letter for OJT”
“August 22, 2022
Mr. Lucas Miller
89 Haley Lane
McAllen, TX 44737
Dear Mr. Miller:
Please accept the attached resume as an application for on-the-job training at Regal Beloit. I am a senior at Kinsley’s University currently pursuing an MS degree in Information Technology.
As a highly motivated and industrious individual who is keen on learning new technologies, I am eager to bring a strong knowledge of software management, installation, and troubleshooting to your company. Some of my core strengths include programming, Java, HTML, C++, and SQL. Although my particular interest lies in software development, I am eager to utilize all the IT-related skills wherever needed.
Providing high-level support service and efficiency is my goal in the Information Technology arena.
I will call your office next Friday to possibly set up an interview date and time of your convenience in order to discuss my talents and abilities in detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Sample 3: “Cover letter for OJT”
“MR. EDWARD SAN ANTONIO
Magdaong High School, Makati City
Dear Mr. San Antonio:
Good day! I am Katerina de Pedro, a 4th year Bachelor of Secondary Education (BSED) major in English student of San Ramon College. One of the requirements of our course is a on-the-job training or an internship in the field for one semester which is composed of five (5) months.
I am humbly applying to be a trainee or an intern in your school if you would allow me from January 2021 until May of the same year. We are required to report in a school five days a week observing the regular school hours implemented by our chosen institution.
I am a graduate of Magdaong High School thus I wanted to have my internship in this school and gain a different experience – not as a student this time but as an intern. It’s really a big opportunity that I will be grateful for in case you would allow me.
I am very much willing to talk to you in person. Thank you so much for your time.
KATERINA DE PEDRO”
Sample 4: “Cover letter for OJT”
“November 23, 2016
To whom it may concern:
Greetings!I would like to express my sincere desire to apply for an On-The-Jobtraining program at your company. I am JOHN MICHAEL S.ABEJERO, a 4th-year student, taking up a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major in Marketing Management at BaliwagPolytechnic College, Baliwag, Bulacan.
Our course curriculum requires us to have 450 hours of supervised industry training that aims to complement the concept. During my time here I have taken up courses related to (insert three to four relevant courses that you have taken at the university). Currently, I hold a total (percentage or GPA) and have been a good student the entire term of my study in the University. I have also been ranked (mention your rank in class, if any) in a class of (mention the approximate number of students).
While attending classes, I focused my attention towards the following areas:
1.(mention first area of interest)
2.(mention second area of interest)
3.(mention third area of interest)
I would be grateful to have an interview session with you. Please have a look at the resume that I have enclosed with this letter as per your convenience. I have provided my email id and contact number should you be interested in knowing more things about me.
Frequently Asked Questions: Samples of cover letters for OJT(On the Job Training)
How do you sell yourself in a cover letter?
Here’s how to sell yourself in a cover letter:
- Research the company before you write.
- Find your best 2–3 achievements that fit what they’re looking for.
- Share your work accomplishments—not just your job duties.
- Add numbers to show the full scope of your work.
- Show your enthusiasm for their organization.
How do I explain my skills in a cover letter?
- Use keywords.
- Use phrases from recommendations/appraisals about you.
- Use attention-grabbing verbs and adjectives.
- Make your skills specific to the job and the company.
If you like this blog post, please leave your comments and questions below.