Cover letter for architecture internship (5 samples)
This article will show samples of “cover letters for architecture internships.”
How to write a cover letter for an architecture internship
When writing a cover letter as an intern here are some of the things to include in the letter:
- Mention your new knowledge. Use your recent learning experiences to your advantage; an employer might be more willing to hire you if they know you can help their business acclimate to new technologies or practices.
- Express your energy and enthusiasm. It shows the potential motivation you will bring to a job as a fresh college graduate.
- Check your grammar and proofread your letter. It is a way of showing employers your ability to write comprehensive, error-free messages.
- The first step is addressing the employer with a formal salutation. For example, “Dear/Hello (name of the recipient).” If you do not know the recipient’s name, you can refer to them as the hiring manager.
- The next step is to state the position you are applying for and how you found the opening.
- Make a brief statement about why you’re interested in the position.
- Since you are a recent graduate, it would help to emphasize your college coursework, internships and other experiences that show your employability.
- Ensure your qualifications are similar to the job position.
- Conclude your letter with a forward-looking statement. For example, “I look forward to discussing the position with you further.”
Sample 1: “Cover letter for architecture internship”
Your Job Title
Hiring Manager Name
Dear [Hiring Manager Name],
As a third-year architecture student at the University of Virginia, I was thrilled to find the internship opportunity at Phillips & Bowman Studios. My talent for design and aptitude for quick learning have already been recognized with the Bobby Newman Endowed Scholarship this year. I’d cherish the opportunity to apply the same skills to producing outstanding drafts and 3D visualizations for Phillips & Bowman.
Completing 12 projects during my degree has helped me develop excellent software skills, including full proficiency in Revit and Rhino3D and a working knowledge of SketchUp, Lumion, and ArchiCad. In addition, thanks to my previous experience of working as a part-time administrative assistant for 4 semesters, I can offer proven time management and clerical skills to aid in the smooth running of the Phillips & Bowman offices.
As a firm believer in the need for positive environmental change within architectural design, I’ve always admired your sustainable approach and uncompromising dedication to finding eco-friendly solutions. Your confidence in producing unorthodox designs is equally inspiring: I was particularly impressed with the combination of Victorian-style facades with postmodern elements, evident in the Oak Springs Theater and Lakefield Art Center buildings.
It would be an honor to discuss in more detail how my skills and knowledge could contribute to Phillips & Bowman’s outstanding designs and how I could aid the Studio in its mission of sustainable modernization.
[Your name], Student Architect
P.S.: I’d love to tell you more about my project Clearing the Air, which was shortlisted for the WA Student Award last year!”
Sample 2: “Cover letter for architecture internship”
I am excited to be applying for the Architectural Intern position at your company. I am a recent graduate of the architecture program at the University of Southern California and I am eager to begin my career in the architecture field. I believe that my education and experience have prepared me well for this position and I am confident that I can be a valuable asset to your team.
I have experience working in a team environment and I am confident that I can be an asset to your team. I am proficient in AutoCAD and Revit and I have experience in both residential and commercial architecture. I am also familiar with the California Building Code. I am excited to learn more about your company and to begin working on projects that will help to shape the future of your city.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.”
Sample 3: “Cover letter for architecture internship”
I am writing to apply for the Architectural Intern position that was recently advertised on your company website. I am confident that I have the skills and qualifications that you are looking for, and I am eager to put my skills to work in order to help your company achieve its goals.
I have been working as an architectural intern for the past three years, and during that time I have gained extensive experience in the field. I have worked on a variety of projects, both large and small, and I have a deep understanding of the architectural design process. I am also familiar with the latest software and design tools.
I am a hard-working and motivated individual, and I am confident that I can be a valuable asset to your team. I am eager to learn and grow, and I am confident that I can contribute to your company in a meaningful way. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Sample 4: “Cover letter for architecture internship”
Freeman & Sons, Inc.
Application for the position of Intern Architect
Dear Hiring Managers,
I am pleased to be applying for the Intern Architect position within Freeman & Sons, Inc. as I am certain that my qualifications and qualities make me a perfect fit for the role. What is more, I believe that it would be the opportunity of a lifetime for me to learn new things, further develop my expertise, and grow both personally and professionally.
First of all, I am a third-year Architecture and Building Sciences student at the Delft University of Technology. During my studies there, I have worked on multiple individual and group projects and these assignments have allowed me to become a great team player and taught me how to function well in fast-paced and deadline-driven environments. Moreover, at the university, I also serve as a President of the TEDx Club and this valuable experience has played a crucial role in the development of my excellent time management and organizational skills.
On top of my education, I worked as an Intern Architect at Accenture, Ltd. for three months last Summer. There, I was given the responsibility for completing professional site visits, producing detailed drawings and sketches, and maintaining relevant correspondence. Additionally, I assisted in the design of multiple commercial/residential properties, generated regular reports on the progress of the assigned projects, and presented results to supervisors.
Finally, I am a native Croatian speaker with proficiency in English and a basic knowledge of Japanese. Offering the ability to use all software programs necessary for the role, including 3DS Max, AutoCAD, and CATIA at an intermediate level, I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you in person to discuss the internship in more detail. Thank you for your time and consideration and I look forward to speaking with you in the near future.
Sample 5: “Cover letter for architecture internship”
When I learned the requirement of an Intern Architect, I decided to express my interest in the same. I hold a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture and developed the required skill set, such as project support and teamwork to fit perfectly into the position. Therefore, I am sure to fulfil the job expectations in this capacity.
Here is the list of my core skillset for your review:
- Provide assistance in drawing the structure layout by making use of CAD software.
- Develop the prototypes and 3D models of the building.
- Research the feasibility and effectiveness of the products to be used in construction.
- Prepare reports consisting of details about the construction materials to use, construction methods and processes, etc.
- Sort and compile the important documents and paperwork required for obtaining permits.
- Assist the senior architects in contract and project management.
- Carry out other duties as per the instructions provided by the supervisor.
I have a comprehensive knowledge of design and architecture, communication, and organizational skills to become a solid match for your intern Architect’s role.
I truly want to thank you for considering me as a potential match for the role. Please accept my enclosed resume to get a sneak peek of my qualifications and skill set. I would greatly appreciate a chance to further discuss my strengths.
Frequently Asked Questions: How to write a cover letter for an architecture internship
How do I write a cover letter for an architecture application?
- Explain why you’re the best architect candidate for the job.
- Give numbers to prove some key past accomplishments.
- Demonstrate the skills and know-how you have to match their needs.
How do you write a cover letter sample?
A cover letter should include the following parts:
- Body paragraph.
- Closing paragraph.
- Letter ending and signature.
If you like this blog post, please leave your comments and questions below.