Cover letter for an agile project manager (5 samples)
This blog post will show samples of “cover letters for an agile project manager.”
Samples of cover letters for an agile project manager
A great agile project manager cover letter is vital in your job search journey as it helps your employer know who you are and what you can offer to the organization.
When writing an agile project manager cover letter, these are some of the important things to include in your letter:
- Address the employer with a formal salutation. For example, “Dear/Hello (name of the recipient).” If you do not know the recipient’s name, you can refer to them as the hiring manager.
- The next step is to state the position you are applying for and how you found the opening.
- Make a brief statement about why you’re interested in the position.
- State your skills and work experience. Ensure your skills and experiences are similar to the job position. When highlighting skills, provide the accomplishment you have achieved.
- Conclude your letter with a forward-looking statement. For example, “I look forward to discussing the position further.”
Sample 1: “Cover letter for an agile project manager”
I am excited to be applying for the Agile Project Manager position at Topdown Consulting. I have more than 10 years of experience in project management, and I have been using agile methodologies for the past five years. I believe that my skills and experience would be a valuable addition to your team.
In my previous role as a Project Manager at InovaTech, I was responsible for managing a team of developers who were using agile methodologies. I was able to successfully deliver two software projects using agile methodology. I also have experience working in a ScrumMaster role, which has given me a deep understanding of the agile process.
I am confident that my skills and experience would allow me to excel in the Agile Project Manager role at Topdown Consulting. I am excited to join an organization that is committed to using the latest and most effective project management practices. I look forward to meeting with you to discuss this opportunity further.”
Sample 2: “Cover letter for an agile project manager”
“Dear hiring manager,
I am writing to express my interest in the Agile Project Manager position that you have posted. I believe that my experience as an Agile Project Manager, coupled with my education and training, make me a strong candidate for this position.
I have been working as an Agile Project Manager for the past three years. My experience has allowed me to work on projects of varying sizes and complexities. I have worked on projects ranging from small-scale projects with limited resources to large-scale projects with multiple teams and hundreds of users. I have also worked on projects that were focused on specific business objectives as well as more general projects.
My experience has taught me how to manage projects effectively while still meeting the needs of the client. I have learned how to balance the needs of the project with the needs of the client so that both parties are satisfied with the final product. I have also learned how to manage people effectively so that they can produce their best work. I have learned how to motivate people so that they will be productive even when they are not being directly supervised.
I am confident that my experience as an Agile Project Manager makes me a strong candidate for this position. I am also confident that my education and training make me a strong candidate for this position. I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you in person so that we can discuss my qualifications in greater detail. Thank you for your time and consideration.”
Sample 3: “Cover letter for an agile project manager”
Please accept my application for the position of Agile Project Manager at [XXX Company]. My educational qualifications and work experience align perfectly with the job requirements. I believe that I am the ideal candidate for this role.
In the last decade, [XXX] has emerged as one of the leading software development firms in the country. [XXX Company] has created a positive work culture with attractive perks and promotional opportunities for employees. Being a part of your company would be an excellent platform for me to enhance my skills.
I have developed commendable project costing skills, and have become familiar with Agile, Prince 2, and waterfall methodologies. At YYY, I have become highly skilled in handling a wide range of administrative tasks in a fast-paced environment. I am effective in addressing and evaluating the root cause of the issues rather than the signs.
Currently, at YYY, I am tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Maintain project and program tracking and work breakdown structures (MS Project, SmartSheet, Planview).
- Understand, and communicate business unit, goals, objectives, vision, and strategy to the team to enable application/technology solutions that contribute towards achieving value.
- Interact with clients to understand their requirements.
- Maintain a status report of projects and records of previous projects.
- Sprint planning and tracking using agile tracking tools such as JIRA and TFS.
I have an excellent academic record with a strong technical background. I have excellent communication and leadership skills, which have helped to manage a team of six people effectively. I possess sufficient experience and the necessary skills to excel in this role.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Sample 4: “Cover letter for an agile project manager”
“473 Terese Ridges
New Warnerfort, ND 76889
Dear Tatum Bins,
Please consider me for the agile project manager opportunity. I am including my resume which lists my qualifications and experience.
In my previous role, I was responsible for change management and project management expertise to change projects to which the Project Manager is assigned.
Please consider my qualifications and experience:
- Facilitate planning sessions at multiple levels, including planning at the strategic, roadmap, release, and sprint/iteration levels
- Facilitate Agile Estimating Sessions and develop Agile Release Plans
- Ensure cross-team coordination takes place, facilitate Scrum of Scrums
- Foster communication between the disciplines
- Solid understanding of business application development lifecycle and processes
- Advanced understanding of Scrum roles and Agile development techniques
- Written communication skills sufficient to create detailed user stories, create product maps, project plans and other project documentation
- Project Planning and Management – Facilitate the definition of project scopes and schedules while focusing on the regular and timely delivery of value
Thank you for considering me to become a member of your team.
Sample 5: “Cover letter for an agile project manager”
120 Vyse Street
20th April 2015
Dear Ms Graham,
Regarding your recently advertised vacancy for an Agile Project Manager, please find attached my CV for your kind consideration.
As someone who comes from a strong technical background and who possesses first-class planning, presentation and documentation skills, I feel I would be able to manage the delivery of a diverse range of software development projects. Furthermore, your insistence that an applicant can lead scrum meetings, fits perfectly with my ability to oversee multi-function project teams.
What sets me apart from others is my ability to evaluate and address the root cause of issues rather than just the symptoms. I can also be relied upon to maintain a healthy balance between meeting set objectives whilst keeping costs down to a minimum.
During my career, I have developed superb project costing skills, and become very familiar with Prince 2 methodology. I’m also up to date with Agile as well as Waterfall methodologies and possess strong software release and delivery capabilities.
With my present company, I work closely with the product, business analysis and development teams to resolve project delivery issues. At work, I have built up a reputation for inspiring diverse teams to deliver to the highest standards.
Right now I am keen to join a leading software powerhouse, like yours, which is committed to adopting and driving the very latest advances in technology and Agile development.
Finally, I would like to thank you in advance for taking up some of your valuable time to review my application, and very much hope that you will invite me to an interview.
Tel: 0044 121 638 0026
Frequently Asked Questions: Samples of cover letters for an agile project manager
What is a good cover letter for a project manager?
To write an excellent Project Manager cover letter:
- Research the company.
- Highlight your achievements.
- Show what you will add to the company.
- Express your enthusiasm and explain why you’re applying.
How do you mention project management in a cover letter?
“I believe my skills as a Project Manager will be a significant asset for your team’s current and future needs. I am committed to continuing to grow as a leader and applying my talents to help River Tech lead the industry in creating innovative software solutions.”
If you like this blog post, please leave your comments and questions below.