Cover letter for an aerospace engineer (5 samples)
This blog post will show samples of “cover letters for aerospace engineers.”
Cover letter examples for an aerospace engineer
When writing a cover letter for an aerospace engineer, these are some of the important things to include in your letter:
- Address the employer with a formal salutation. For example, “Dear/Hello (name of the recipient).” If you do not know the recipient’s name, you can refer to them as the hiring manager.
- The next step is to state the position you are applying for and how you found the opening.
- Make a brief statement about why you’re interested in the position.
- State your skills and work experience. Ensure your skills and experiences are similar to the job position. When highlighting abilities, provide the accomplishment you have achieved.
- Conclude your letter with a forward-looking statement. For example, “I look forward to discussing the position further.”
Sample 1: “Cover letter for an aerospace engineer”
100 Long Street | Buffalo, NY 14208
555.555.5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
February 9, 2018
Valar Flight, Inc.
100 Main Street
Somewhere, NY 00000
Dear Ms. Covington:
I am an engineer with expertise in designing, developing, and modifying commercial- and consumer-grade remote aircraft. I would like to bring my collective experience and success to the aerospace engineer position you are currently advertising, specifically contributing the following to Valar Flight, Inc.:
Expertise in AutoCAD/CADD, structural design, advanced calculus & trigonometry, thermodynamics, propulsion, and guidance control systems.
Aptitude for analyzing and upgrading the aerodynamic performance of aircraft and construction materials.
Extensive knowledge of state and federal aviation guidelines and protocols for planes and aerial surveillance craft.
As an intern with Coltorp Aviation, while responsible for producing 3D imaginings of aircraft components, I gained extensive experience in studying and modifying mechanical aspects of flight hardware, flight support systems, and ground support systems. Then, as a junior mechanical engineer with Bell Avionics, Inc., I spearheaded a design team that redesigned the company’s drone fleet. My goal was to incorporate new composite materials to reduce production costs while increasing the energy efficiency and maneuverability of commercial drones. My team’s successful efforts led to a 35% reduction in the weight of completed drones and a 21% reduction in production cost. As your aerospace engineer position requires management and design expertise similar to mine, I believe I would serve Valar Flight, Inc. well in this role.
I would appreciate an opportunity to meet with you to further discuss my aerospace engineering experience at your earliest convenience. I may be reached at 555.555.5555 or via email at email@example.com. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Sample 2: “Cover letter for an aerospace engineer”
“Ryan Henderson 654-555-0033 | Ryan.Henderson@email.com | Fort Collins, CO
April 21, 2022
HighFlyer Aerospace Engineering
Dear Ms. Baxter,
My name is Ryan Henderson, and I’m a creative and goal-oriented Aerospace Engineer interested in the role of Aeronautical Engineer with HighFlyer Aerospace Engineering. With over five years of industry experience, I’m prepared to bring my knowledge and expertise to the organization and develop innovative aircraft designs.
In my current role as an aeronautical engineer, I’m passionate about coordinating and managing every stage of the aircraft manufacturing process. I’m excited to pursue this role with your organization because it provides employees with opportunities to develop their professional skills and contribute to aeronautical research to make meaningful contributions to the future of the industry. With a bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering, I possess the technical training required to understand this position and help the company stay up-to-date with the latest industry developments.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon. As a highly skilled professional with strengths in innovation and design, verbal communication and problem-solving, I’m confident in my ability to handle the exciting challenges this role includes. If you have questions regarding my application, please contact me by calling 654-555-0033 or emailing me at Ryan.Henderson@email.com.
Sample 3: “Cover letter for an aerospace engineer”
City, State, Zip Code
Dear Ms. Carlson,
As a highly skilled Aerospace Engineer, I read your posting for a new Aerospace Engineer with interest. My experience aligns well with the qualifications you are seeking at Underwood Engineering, in particular my role as an Aerospace Engineer with AusEng, and I am certain I would make a valuable addition to your organization.
With more than 12 years’ experience as an Aerospace Engineer, I am adept in product design, testing procedures, and manufacturing optimization. Moreover, while my on-the-job experience has afforded me a well-rounded skill set, including first-rate project and team management abilities, I excel at:
Conceptualizing future product and aircraft designs.
Drafting reports and presenting findings.
Conducting experimental and operational product tests.
Developing risk assessment and mitigation plans.
In addition to my experience and personal qualities, I have a solid educational foundation and a passion for spacecraft design. I am extremely enthusiastic about Underwood Engineering’s focus on spaceflight and would welcome the opportunity to contribute to your product development and optimization goals.
Please review my attached resume for additional details regarding my expertise and career achievements. I will follow up to request an appointment to discuss how my experience and background meet your needs.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Sample 4: “Cover letter for an aerospace engineer”
2524 Wilkinson Street
Nashville, TN 37209
Ms. Suzanne Cormier
Human Resources Manager
1753 Philli Lane
Porum, OK 74455
Subject: Application for the position of Aerospace Engineer
Dear Ms. Cormier,
I am applying for the position of Aerospace Engineer as seen advertised. I believe the skills and experience I have to offer in this respect will prove to be of considerable benefit to Amphenol Aerospace.
The experience and skills I have to offer Amphenol Aerospace include:
– I hold a bachelor’s degree in engineering gained at Boston University in the year 2003. I also hold degrees in Aeronautical Engineering gained at Florida Institute of Technology in the year 2005.
– I have extensive experience in designing and developing aircraft, both for commercial and military uses. I also have some experience in the design of space missiles.
– I have experience in the testing of developed infrastructure and equipment, making necessary changes if required, and the overseeing of equipment production.
– I have experience in the supervision of the various technicians and draughtsmen working on projects under my overall supervision.
– I have experience in working and coordinating with other specialists in related fields, such as physicists and metallurgists, using their research on various materials and maintaining communications with them throughout the projects.
– I have experience in developing design criteria for aeronautical systems and products, including criteria for testing and quality standards.
– I understand the value of working with a team and keeping each team member on board and fully engaged.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for considering me for this position, and I look forward to the chance to expand on my qualifications, experience and skills at the interview level.
To this end, you may contact me at (111)-844-8049, or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I thank you again for the opportunity to be of service to you in the post of Aerospace Engineer.
(Signature handwritten in blue pen ink)
Sample 5: “Cover letter for an aerospace engineer”
“I am excited to be applying for the Aerospace Engineer position at Topdown Aerospace. I have a degree in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Michigan and more than five years of experience working in the aerospace industry. I believe that my skills and experience would be a valuable addition to your team.
I have experience working on a variety of aerospace projects, including aircraft design, propulsion systems, and aircraft performance. I have also worked on several research projects, including a study of the aerodynamic effects of winglets on aircraft performance. I am proficient in CAD software and have experience working with a variety of materials, including metals, composites, and plastics.
I am a motivated and hardworking individual who is always looking for new challenges. I am excited to be able to use my skills and experience to help Topdown Aerospace continue to be a leader in the aerospace industry. I look forward to hearing from you soon with more information about the Aerospace Engineer position.”
Frequently Asked Questions: Cover letter examples for an aerospace engineer
How do you sell yourself in a cover letter?
Here’s how to sell yourself in a cover letter:
- Research the company before you write.
- Find your best 2–3 achievements that fit what they’re looking for.
- Share your work accomplishments—not just your job duties.
- Add numbers to show the full scope of your work.
- Show your enthusiasm for their organization.
How do I explain my skills in a cover letter?
- Use keywords.
- Use phrases from recommendations/appraisals about you.
- Use attention-grabbing verbs and adjectives.
- Make your skills specific to the job and the company.
If you like this blog post, please leave your comments and questions below.