Cover letter for a swimming coach (4 samples)
This blog post will show samples of “cover letters for a swimming coach.”
Samples of swimming coach cover letters
To get a swimming coach position, you need a well-written cover letter that showcases your passion for and dedication to the industry. When writing a swimming coach cover letter, these are some of the essential things to include in your letter:
- Address the employer with a formal salutation. For example, “Dear/Hello (name of the recipient or hiring manager).”
- The next step is to state the position you are applying for and how you found the opening.
- Write a short sentence about why you’re interested in the position.
- State your skills and work experience; ensure they are similar to the job position. When stating your skills, provide the accomplishment you have achieved.
- Conclude your letter with a forward-looking statement. For example, “I look forward to discussing the position further.”
Sample 1: “Swimming coach cover letters”
This letter is regarding my interest in applying for the post of Swim Coach at ***. As a highly dedicated and experienced swimmer with more than 10 years of experience in coaching swimming, along with my steadfast commitment to providing members with a safe, hygienic, and nurturing environment, I am well-prepared to contribute significantly to the objectives, and goals of *** and enhance the competitive spirit of your swimming team.
I had always admired **** for its creative approach in the field of extracurricular activities and for encouraging students in various spheres of the lifecycle. Your way of teaching, and encouraging students both in physical and intellectual aspects is inspiring. My interest to work as your next Swim Coach developed greatly as I noticed that your students are motivating and all they need is a little bit of coaching to shine in this sport. I am certain that by being your Swim Coach I can upgrade that skills among your students.
At my current workplace at ***, I have been discharging the following duties –
- Coached and trained more than 100 students, out of which 3 of them are champions in swimming.
- Extensive knowledge of swimming techniques used mainly in competitions, and the ability to coach students to maintain speed and time.
- Skills and ability to recruit new swimmers, schedule swim meets, plan itineraries, and ensure the swimmers have the supplies and equipment.
- Familiarity with all safety rules and emergency procedures relating to swimming.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations about swimming competitions.
- Creating customized swim practices and enhancing breath control and swim techniques.
Over the years I have coached more than 200 individuals, and have immense passion and interest to teach swimming to youngsters mainly. Having said this, I am very observant and can monitor the swimmers as they are in the water. I believe that a strong squad can be formed only if they are inculcated with good sportsmanship and practice, and I am equipped with these traits.
Hoping to meet you at your earliest convenience.
Sample 2: “Swimming coach cover letters”
City, State, Zip Code
RE: Swim Coach wanted
Dear Mr. Ingram,
As a professional with a consistent history of directing swim teams toward national ranking and achievement, I excited to submit my application for the available Swim Coach position with your athletics department. Below is a sampling of highlights from my resume that demonstrate the overall value I can leverage to advance Birchgrove University’s mission:
- More than 10 years of experience as a Swim Coach, with cross-functional skills in talent management, administration, facilities maintenance, and program development
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Physical Education from Company Name
- Certifications: Company Name Water Safety Instructor (WSI), lifeguard, first aid, and adult CPR / AED
- The educational foundation, commitment, and leadership experience outlined on the attached resume position me for a successful partnership with your organization. I would welcome the opportunity to learn more about your team, and to discuss how I can address the unique challenges of the
- Swim Coach position in order to add value at Birchgrove University.
Thank you for reviewing this letter and the accompanying material.
Sample 3: “Swimming coach cover letters”
“Dear Ms. Jessica Davis,
I am applying for the position of Swim Coach with Sunsational Swim School and I am excited about the opportunity to put my knowledge and skills to good use training others.
I have a degree in physical education and I am a licensed lifeguard. I have several years experience swimming professionally and now that I no longer compete, I am pursuing a career as a coach. I have extensive knowledge of swimming techniques used in competition and I know how to perform them properly and how to increase speed time.
I have the skills and ability to recruit new swimmers, set up schedules for swim meets, conduct practice sessions and to make sure swimmers have the supplies and equipment they need for peak performance. I have the ability to keep excellent records of everyone on the team and to know any special needs or medical condition the swimmers have.
Being a former competitive swimmer, I have lots of patience and I am very compassionate towards others but I know when to push to provide the swimmers with the inspiration they need to do the very best they can. I am very observant with the ability to help swimmers develop their form until they can do each technique perfectly.
I am familiar with all safety rules and emergency procedures associated with swimming. I also know and adhere to the rules and regulations that pertain to swimming competitions and I believe in teaching my squad the importance of practicing good sportsmanship and working as a team.
My contact number is (555)-555-5555.
Resume Attached as MS Word Document”
Sample 4: “Swimming coach cover letters”
This letter is regarding my interest in applying for the post of Assistant Swim Coach at [XXX School]. As an experienced swimmer with two years of experience teaching swimming, along with my commitment to providing the students with a safe, hygienic, and nurturing environment, I am well-prepared to contribute significantly to the goals and objectives of your school and enhance the competitive spirit of your swimming team.
[XXX School] is held in high regard for its creative approach in the field of extra-curricular activities and education. Their innovative way of teaching the students and encouraging their physical and intellectual development is inspiring. My interest in this position is strengthened by your School’s commitment to its Sports Program which gives priority to its swim team. I am certain that being a part of your school will allow me to upgrade my skills.
At my current place of work as the Junior Swim Coach at [YYY School], I performed the following duties:
Coached and supervised a swim team of over 120 swimmers, ages 7 through 16.
Created custom swim practices to refine and enhance breath control and swim techniques.
Initiated monthly meetings with administrative staff and parents to discuss the progress of the students.
Analyze and monitor data on the size of the team, attendance, and performance.
My passion for swimming and a healthy lifestyle are what led me to teach swimming to interested people. Over the years, I have trained and guided thousands of students who wanted to learn swimming as a hobby and as a professional sport. I believe that I have the required skill set for this job and my experience has prepared me to excel in this role.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Frequently Asked Questions: Samples of swimming coach cover letters
Do you need a cover letter when applying for a job?
No. However, a cover letter is one of the best ways to convey why you are the best candidate for the internship, allowing you to expand on and showcase key skills and experiences.
What are the tips for a great cover letter?
Tips for Writing a Successful Cover Letter
- Make It Personal.
- Past, Present, and Future.
- Research is Key!
- Keep It Brief.
If you like this blog post, please leave your comments and questions below.