Cover letter for a national account manager (5 samples)
This article will list samples of “cover letters for a national account manager.”
Examples of national account manager cover letter
When applying for a national account manager position, your cover letter is an opportunity for you to tell your story, without being stuck in the formatting constraints of the resume. The best format for writing a cover letter is:
- Address the employer with a formal salutation. For example, “Dear/Hello (name of the recipient).” If you do not know the recipient’s name, you can refer to them as the hiring manager.
- The next step is to state the position you are applying for and how you found the opening.
- Make a brief statement about why you’re interested in the position. Write a paragraph about why you are the perfect candidate for the job.
- State your skills and work experience. Ensure your skills and experiences are similar to the job position. When highlighting skills, provide the accomplishment you have achieved.
- Conclude your letter with a forward-looking statement. For example, “I look forward to discussing the position with you further.”
Sample 1: “Cover letter for a national account manager”
“Dear Ms. Lupo,
I am writing in regards to the National Account Manager position being offered by Lincoln Financial Group & Divisions, Inc.
I have a bachelor’s degree in management and four years of experience working in an administrative position. I have excellent computer skills, knowledge of all MS programs and I stay updated on all the latest technology.
I have exceptional verbal skills to use as a liaison between your accounts department, sales departments and customers. I have the ability to ensure that customers are receiving the superb service they deserve and that will help to earn your company a great reputation. In addition, I can maintain a good relationship with the most important clients to ensure all of their needs are being met and to take care of problems before they turn into big issues.
I have the skills needed to intervene to settle disputes between billing and customers and to resolve these issues in a fast, efficient and professional manner. I also possess excellent organizational, interpersonal and negotiating skills along with the ability to multitask efficiently.
My abilities include creating a business plan that can help your company find new opportunities to draw in more customers. I can put together and present presentations to potential customers to help them understand how your products can benefit them.
I am confident that I can be a great asset to your company and help you meet all of your financial goals. After reviewing the attached resume, I am sure that you will agree.
You can reach me for an interview by calling (555)-555-5555 and I hope to be hearing from you soon.
Sample 2: “Cover letter for a national account manager”
“24256 Bergnaum Mall
Port Basilhaven, ME 77297
Dear Shiloh Barton,
In response to your job posting for national account manager, I am including this letter and my resume for your review.
In my previous role, I was responsible for security system project management support for all Company functions with an emphasis on intrusion detection, access control, and Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) systems.
Please consider my qualifications and experience:
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Experience with Amazon and Mass Merchandiser accounts preferred
- Manage relationships, sales, stock, pricing, margins, returns & retail marketing at physical accounts
- Assist with the management & development of relationships at all levels within the accounts, adopting a consultative approach – Listen, Advice, Notice, and Question, at the same time using this consultative process to influence & gain commitment
- Become an expert in account operational process
- Compile all relevant release information for communication to all accounts within a timely & professional manner
- Become an Amazon vendor central expert
- Manage sales notes and external schedule mailout to key partners including
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Sample 3: “Cover letter for a national account manager”
“33554 Isaura Greens
North Virgenville, IA 42613
Dear Sam Runte,
I submit this application to express my sincere interest in the national account manager position.
In the previous role, I was responsible for supporting/troubleshooting LAN/WAN/WLAN, UCCX, Unity connection, VoIP, SIP, Access control Server, TACACS, AAA, WebEx, Jabber, Telepresence Video, and security devices.
Please consider my experience and qualifications for this position:
- Deliver label Sales Business Plan to Caroline UK management
- Oversee the UK physical stock lifecycle
- Recognize D2C & e-commerce opportunities & work with the Head of Digital to deliver these alongside traditional & digital retail
- Communicate price changes across international teams
- Working in a supply chain role for a UK retailer or customer-facing Account Management/Category Management role within a retail or online-focused organization or Top 100 FMCG Manufacturer
- Strong relationship management and negotiation skills operating at a senior management level within own and customer organization
- A history of developing joint business plans with customers
- Experience of managing internal/customer projects
Thank you for taking the time to review my application.
Sample 4: “Cover letter for a national account manager”
May 1, 2018
Dear Hiring Manager,
I’m excited to be applying for the Account Manager position at Cloud Clearwater. With more than seven years of experience in digital marketing agencies, I have developed a strong talent for building trusted relationships with high-value, high-impact clients.
During my previous role at River Tech, I managed a portfolio of more than a dozen clients in the healthcare and consumer goods industries. I strategically coordinated a variety of DTC digital marketing campaigns that consistently delivered results, including over 20 campaigns that averaged a 10% or greater conversion rate. In addition to producing substantial ROI, these campaigns also earned our top pharmaceutical clients multiple prestigious MM&M consumer awards in 2014, 2016, and 2017.
In addition to my experience working with existing client accounts, I was also given the opportunity to assist the business development team with RFPs for new clients in our healthcare vertical. I was responsible for selecting the pitch team, developing our presentation strategy, and spearheading post-pitch follow-up efforts. My efforts earned a 40% win rate, directly resulted in more than $15 million in new accounts, and landed projects with three of our CEO’s key strategic account targets.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I’m looking forward to learning more details about the Account Manager position and about Cloud Clearwater. With a proven track record of account success, I am positioned to exceed your expectations for this role and substantially benefit your organization. I’m eager for the opportunity to share more examples of my work and discuss how my talents can be used to benefit Cloud Clearwater’s client portfolio.
Sample 5: “Cover letter for a national account manager”
[Hiring Manager’s Name]
123 Company Address
Company’s City, State, Zip Code
Dear [Mr./Ms./Mx.] [Hiring Manager’s Last Name],
I found your job listing for an Account Manager on Indeed, and after reading through the job responsibilities, I believe that my experience and expertise make me a perfect candidate for this role. I have over ten years of experience in sales, consulting, and account managing. During this time, I’ve developed a robust skill set that makes me effective in handling clients, supporting projects, and furthering company goals.
Having started in sales, I’m knowledgeable in customer-relationship management, setting sales quotas, identifying consumer needs, and conducting quarterly reports. I excel at attracting new clients, negotiating agreements, and giving presentations to prospective customers.
As a consultant, I gained experience working with multiple clients and projects at once, developing strong relationships with my clients and implementing new marketing initiatives. Currently, I manage accounts worth $4.7 million in annual sales. Some of my career highlights have been:
- Spearheading new customer service initiatives to increase business volume 150%
- Recovering lost accounts worth $500,000
- Consistently exceeding sales targets by an average of 18%
I would love the opportunity to work at Valley Tech, where the company focus is placed on client satisfaction. In all the roles I’ve held, I’ve fostered communicative and trust-based relationships with clients and exceeded their expectations. With my outstanding interpersonal skills and client experience, I believe that I’ll be an asset to your team. Please contact me at (xxx) xxx-xxxx to further discuss how I can benefit Valley Tech. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Frequently Asked Questions: Examples of national account manager cover letter
What are the tips for a great cover letter?
Tips for Writing a Successful Cover Letter
- Make It Personal.
- Past, Present, and Future.
- Research is Key!
- Keep It Brief.
How do I write a letter to an account manager?
“Thank you for your time and consideration. I’m looking forward to learning more details about the Account Manager position and about Cloud Clearwater. With a proven track record of account success, I am positioned to exceed your expectations for this role and substantially benefit your organization.”
If you like this blog post, please leave your comments and questions below.