Cover letter for a manual tester(5 samples)
This blog post will show samples of “cover letters for a manual tester.”
Examples of cover letters for a manual tester
To get a manual tester, you need a well-written cover letter that showcases your passion for and dedication to the industry. When writing a manual tester cover letter, these are some of the essential things to include in your letter:
- Address the employer with a formal salutation. For example, “Dear/Hello (name of the recipient or hiring manager).”
- The next step is to state the position you are applying for and how you found the opening.
- Write a short sentence about why you’re interested in the position.
- State your skills and work experience; ensure they are similar to the job position. When stating your skills, provide the accomplishment you have achieved.
- Conclude your letter with a forward-looking statement. For example, “I look forward to discussing the position further.”
Sample 1: “Cover letter for a manual tester”
“Dear Ms. Spoth:
I am submitting my resume for the position of manual tester. As a skilled and highly educated professional with three years of experience testing web-based applications, I am confident in my ability to make a significant contribution to Zorbo Technologies.
My professional experience includes developing and maintaining test methodologies and strategies, documenting test plans, and executing test cases using manuals, analyzed user requirements, and technical specifications. With my educational background and my attention to detail and performance, I am in an excellent position help Zorbo Technologies produce top-quality software products.
The following are some highlights of my qualifications and experience:
Experienced all phases of the software development life cycle and testing methodologies
Reviewed business requirements, IT design documents, and prepared test plans that involved various test cases for all assigned modules and projects
Developed a defects tracking log for the SharePoint site to track defects while testing
Used Quality Center to store all testing results, metrics, created test cases, and reports
Wrote SQL queries to check for proper data population in application tables and for data verification to perform back-end testing against Oracle Database
My extensive technical knowledge of software testing, review, and validation – along with my ability to work as part of a team and my keen attention to detail – will allow me to bring much value to Zorbo Technologies. I look forward to discussing this position and my qualifications with you.
Thank you for your consideration.
Miller T. McLaughlin”
Sample 2: “Cover letter for a manual tester”
789 Winifred Way
Marion, IN 46953
Subject: Application for position of Manual Testing Professional
Dear Mrs. Hathorn,
I’m aware of your need for a Manual Testing professional at your company, and I have the required experience and education that you are looking for. You will find proof of this in this cover letter and attached resume.
While employed at Insight Global as a dedicated Manual Testing Specialist, I have gained a wealth of experience in manual experimentation, testing, and analysis. I have been in this position for over four years, and began two years previous to this as an entry level employee. I now am supervisor of all manual testing procedure, standard, and updating of a team of six employees; but am seeking for a greater challenge. I believe this challenge can be realized in this position at your company. I have built a solid reputation for quality and productive work in this role of Manual Testing professional, and know I could offer your company much benefit with this expertise.
May I meet with you to talk about your goals and requirements for your Manual Testing position at Amtex Systems? Please take a minute to review this cover letter and the attached resume, to learn what I have to offer your company in this role.
(Signature hand written in blue pen ink)
Sample 3: “Cover letter for a manual tester”
“Dear Tatum Effertz,
Please consider me for the manual tester opportunity. I am including my resume that lists my qualifications and experience.
Previously, I was responsible for estimations, design test plan and test strategy, writing test scenarios, concise test cases, executing test cases, opening bugs, verifying bugs).
Please consider my qualifications and experience:
- Knowledge on quality analysis tools
- Familiarity with different types of testing such as performance, stress, security
- UI functional testing
- Incidents management
- Contribution in Sprint ceremonies (daily, planning, review, retrospective)
- Manual testing – UI Functional testing
- Knowledge for SQL, XML
- Knowledge of the Scrum methodology
I really appreciate you taking the time to review my application for the position of manual tester.
Sample 4: “Cover letter for a manual tester”
I am submitting this letter in response to the job position for the post of Manual Tester in ***. With my five years of experience in providing manual testing, coupled with my advanced qualification and experience in the field of quality assurance and testing, I am certain that I would significantly benefit your company.
My immense background in the field complemented by my passion for manual testing will bring about a positive impact on your organization as your new Manual Tester. During my tenure previously at ***, I have gained immense knowledge and abilities in the field that allows me to take up the next step in my profession.
Some of my professional experiences and areas of accountability include –
- Developing and maintaining test methodologies and strategies, executing test cases using manuals, documenting test plans, and technical specifications.
- Conducted and have experience with all phases of the SDLC and various testing methodologies
- Reviewing business requirements, preparing test plans, and IT design documents for various projects and modules.
- Developed a unique defect tracking system that tracks defects while testing (for SharePoint site).
- Extensive technical knowledge of software testing, and validation techniques, coupled with the ability to work as a team member.
- Used quality center for storing metrics, and results, while creating test cases and reports.
- Expertise in writing SQL queries for checking proper data population in application tables and for data verification.
Apart from the above-mentioned experience, I hold a Master’s degree in Software Engineering and have extensive proficiency in SharePoint, Oracle, JIRA, RF ID Systems, and various test techniques for large-scale transactions. These qualifications supplemented with my experience put me in a place wherein I trust that I can quickly surpass the expectations that you are looking for from your next Manual Tester.
I look forward to the opportunity to learn more about *** and what I have got to offer to your team. In the interim, I thank you for considering my application.
Sample 5: “Cover letter for a manual tester”
“Dear Dylan Casper,
In response to your job posting for manual tester, I am including this letter and my resume for your review.
In the previous role, I was responsible for support to client staff and external stakeholders during their preparation for and execution of User Acceptance Test (UAT) in order to facilitate a successful UAT process by the client.
Please consider my qualifications and experience:
- Mobile native apps (Android-iOS) knowledge
- Aware of/Familiar with bug reporting tools, test management tools
- Scrum/Kanban knowledge
- Begin On-The-Job-Training with assigned trainer
- Participate in 90 day review process
- Communicate with other shifts to ensure that relevant information is shared for
- Experience with manual (automated testing processes a bonus)
- Strong fundamentals with SDLC methodologies (Agile, waterfall)
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Frequently Asked Questions: Examples of cover letters for a manual tester
What is the role of a maintenance technician?
Maintenance technicians are responsible for the upkeep of buildings and equipment. For example, repairing broken equipment, painting walls, and changing light bulbs.
What is a good opening sentence for a cover letter?
“Dear [First Name], I was excited to come across the [Job Title] position at [Company Name]. As a [Current Job Title] with [# of Years] years of experience, I have become competent in [Relevant Skills & Job-Related Abilities].”
If you like this blog post, please leave your comments and questions below.