Cover letter for a lunchroom supervisor(5 samples)
This blog post will show samples of “cover letters for a lunchroom supervisor.”
Examples of lunchroom supervisor cover letters
To get a lunchroom supervisor position, you need a well-written cover letter that showcases your passion for and dedication to the industry. When writing a lunchroom supervisor cover letter, these are some of the essential things to include in your letter:
- Address the employer with a formal salutation. For example, “Dear/Hello (name of the recipient or hiring manager).”
- The next step is to state the position you are applying for and how you found the opening.
- Write a short sentence about why you’re interested in the position.
- State your skills and work experience; ensure they are similar to the job position. When stating your skills, provide the accomplishment you have achieved.
- Conclude your letter with a forward-looking statement. For example, “I look forward to discussing the position further.”
Sample 1: “Lunchroom supervisor cover letter”
“Dear Ms. Kristina Stahl,
I would like to apply for the lunchroom supervisor position that is currently available at your school Roseville Community Schools.
My education includes an associate’s degree in education and I have worked in a lunchroom for six years with two in a supervisory position. With my experience and education I am able to supervise students during lunch periods in serving lines, while eating and during lunchroom dismissal and can also assist students in securing trays, food and seating. When necessary it was my task to provide assistance to those students who may have difficulty eating on their own while maintaining the discipline of the lunchroom according to both the school’s and district’s policies. This included using conflict resolution strategies to assist the students in resolving issues during the meal periods.
When necessary, it was my task to also report all injuries, accidents, illnesses and any discipline issues to the appropriate authority immediately without waiting until a later time to do so. If the custodian was needed to clean up any messes or spills, it was my task to ensure that these were cleaned in a timely fashion for the safety of the students.
I was also charged with all food ordering in accordance with the district’s standard on diet, health and nutrition for the children. It was also up to me to supervise the staff to ensure that all meals were prepared properly and that there were no issues with undercooked or unhealthy meal choices.
Please feel free to contact me at any time by calling (555)-555-5555.
Sample 2: “Lunchroom supervisor cover letter”
“Dear Hiring Manager,
In response to your job listing advertised in the *** for the post of a new Lunchroom Supervisor, I am writing this letter. As a person with an associate’s degree in education who has worked in a lunchroom facility for four years with two years in a supervisory position, I have experience in supervising students during lunch periods. From serving lines to helping students secure trays, from taking care of seating arrangements to supervising the food quality, I believe that I have the required skills to excel in this role, so I am eager to apply for the role of Lunchroom Supervisor in your institution.
Highlights of my accomplishments as a Lunchroom Supervisor include:
- Reporting any injuries, illnesses, accidents, allergies, and any student discipline issues to the appropriate authority immediately without delay, which has resulted in providing the timely help that was needed.
- Providing assistance and company to the students who may have some difficulty eating on their own.
- Maintained discipline according to the school’s and district’s policies, and kept any form of bullying at bay.
- In my tenure as the supervisor, I was also tasked with ordering food according to age-based dietary and nutrition charts, while keeping in mind the common allergic items that have to be avoided or provided a replacement for.
- Known for my conflict resolution strategies, which assist the students who have issues in resolving those said issues during the meal periods.
As a Lunchroom Supervisor at ***, I had a great time with various students and made their dining experience peaceful and healthy. I also shared a good rapport with the rest of the lunch staff, thus creating a harmonious environment for everyone around. I am confident that my passion, experience, and my skills will enable me to become an ideal candidate for this role.
If my skills match your requirements, please contact me at ( ) or mail me at ( ) to schedule a meeting. I look forward to learning more about the Lunchroom Supervisor post.
Thank you for your consideration.
Sample 3: “Lunchroom supervisor cover letter”
“Dear Ryan Corwin,
I submit this application to express my sincere interest in the cafeteria supervisor position.
In the previous role, I was responsible for real-time ad-hoc corrective actions and resolutions to trading anomalies consistent with all applicable regulatory laws, rules and procedures as well as all applicable Firm policies and procedures.
Please consider my qualifications and experience:
- Train and develop the cafeteria staff
- Order supplies and maintain budgets
- Need strong leadership, facilitation, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Maintain clean area in compliance with NY Dept,of Health standards
- Greet and assist clients with their food and beverage orders
- Accredited Senior High School Diploma or valid equivalent (USA equivalency)
- Demonstrated knowledge of food services rules and regulations to meet federal, state and local guidelines
- Food Manager Certification before or during the first month of hire
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Sample 4: “Lunchroom supervisor cover letter”
“February 9, 2022
Mr. Harrison Fisher
Highline Public Schools
7762 67th Street
New York, NY 11212
Dear Mr. Fisher:
A lunchroom full of students and the hub-hub of people is an encouraging sight for a school lunchroom supervisor who has had the kind of experience that I have. With over 10 years of exposure to different lunchrooms and cafeterias, mostly in an academic capacity, I am sure that my experience will of great use at the lunchroom at Highline Public Schools.
Over the years, I have accomplished much in terms of streamlining operations in busy lunchrooms. One of the biggest accomplishments that I have to my name is the introduction of a special menu for students with defined food allergies. In addition to this, I have successfully streamlined lunchroom operations, especially where food wastage is concerned, earning both accolades and a mid-year bonus from the school management.
If you are looking for an individual who can successfully manage the operations of a busy lunchroom, provide insight into creating and maintaining a safe environment for students, and has the capacity to contribute effectively to kitchen operations, then we have a good rason to meet.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Sample 5: “Lunchroom supervisor cover letter”
“Dear Hiring Manager,
As a long-time fan of your company, and with my passion for hospitality and culinary sciences, I was elated to see your opening for the Lunchtime Supervisor role. I have strong background and experience in managing lunch rooms and have supervised lunchtime for both students and senior citizens in my previous two jobs. These combined with my educational background, and recent work experience in ****** would help me to take up the Lunchtime Supervisor role of your company, and contribute to the success of the firm’s goals.
Highlights of my accomplishments as an include:
- I have managed close to 800 lunch accounts in my previous job at ***.
- Additionally, I also supervised 8 – 10 staff members and trained them.
- I was responsible for the daily meal count coordination.
- During lunchtime, I was responsible for the behavior and safety of all the patrons in the lunchroom.
- Coordinated an annual charity event which brought in significant revenue to my previous firm.
- I collaborate and work with other staff in other departments as and when required.
- Oversaw and enabled clerical duties, including making copies, maintaining and overseeing any repairs of copy machines, and furnishing complete administrative support for other staff.
As a Lunchtime Supervisor at ****, I enjoyed dealing with the fast-paced, high-demanding lunchroom environment. My customer satisfaction record and the ability to work with people of different age groups in a flexible manner will enable me to become an ideal candidate for this role.
If my skills match your requirements, please contact me at ( ) or mail me at ( ) to schedule a meeting. I look forward to learning more about the Lunchtime Supervisor post.
Thank you for your consideration.
Frequently Asked Questions: Examples of lunchroom supervisor cover letters
What are the requirements of a lunchtime assistant?
Lunchtime Supervisor Skills:
- Enjoyment working with children.
- The ability to control and supervise them.
- Patience and the ability to stay calm.
- Good communication skills.
- The ability to work as a part of a team.
How do I write a cover letter for a supervisor?
Tips for using your cover letter to stand out
- Make it personal.
- Prioritize the positive.
- Get to the point.
- Set the right tone.
If you like this blog post, please leave your comments and questions below.