Cover letter for a DNA analyst (5 samples)
This blog post will show samples of “cover letters for DNA analysts.”
How to write a cover letter for a DNA analyst
A great cover letter is important in your job search journey as it helps your employer identify who you are and what you can offer to the organization. When writing a DNA analyst cover letter, these are some of the important things to include in your letter:
- Address the employer with a formal salutation. For example, “Dear/Hello (name of the recipient).” If you do not know the name of the recipient, you can refer to them as the hiring manager.
- The next step is to state the position you are applying for and how you found the opening.
- Make a brief statement about why you’re interested in the position.
- State your skills and work experience. Ensure your skills and experiences are similar to the job position. When highlighting skills, provide the accomplishment you have achieved.
- Conclude your letter with a forward-looking statement. For example, “I look forward to discussing the position with you further.”
Sample 1: “Cover letter for a DNA analyst”
“Dear Ms. Loretta Wilson,
I am applying for the position of DNA Analyst with Bio-Reference Laboratories, Inc.
I have a bachelor’s degree in forensic sciences and I took undergraduate courses that focused on biochemistry, gene development, immunology, microbiology and infectious diseases. My studies also consisted of spending time in a laboratory where I learned about the different types of equipment and how to use them correctly.
I have the ability to follow strict protocols when handling and testing DNA and I possess excellent writing skills needed to keep accurate and detailed reports describing every part of the process and the findings. I also have very strong verbal skills needed to convey information with other professionals concerning the tests performed and the results. When necessary, I have the ability to testify in court to explain my findings and how the results were determined.
I have the ability to perform routine maintenance checks on the equipment to help keep them functioning correctly and to report any problem, no matter how small it may seem.
I understand the importance of using extreme caution when working with DNA and I follow the safety procedures at all times to prevent the possible spread of diseases. I adhere to a high ethical standard and maintain confidentiality at all times. I understand the responsibility that goes along with this position and I am confident that I have the knowledge and skills to be a perfect match for this job.
I hope to meet with you soon to discuss the position in person and you can reach me for an interview by calling (555)-555-5555.
Sample 2: “Cover letter for a DNA analyst”
“Dear Ms. Phillips,
I am very excited about the Forensic Scientist position that has recently become available with State Patrol Wisconsin.
Gathering evidence from crime scenes is an exciting and rewarding career that has always fascinated me. For this reason, I pursued the education and training needed to qualify to work in a crime lab. I have earned a bachelor’s degree in forensic science and I am currently working on my master’s.
My studies consisted of criminal justice, biochemistry and toxicology and I have completed an internship where I gained extensive lab experience that you can only receive by working with a professional. My experience includes learning how to handle evidence correctly, which includes identifying, labeling, recording and preserving the evidence until needed.
This hands-on experience has also helped me build outstanding organizational and record-keeping skills. My verbal and written skills are excellent and I have the ability to communicate efficiently with all levels of management. I understand court procedures and I have the ability to be a credible witness if necessary by explaining what and how evidence was obtained and the impact it has on the case.
I possess excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills along with the ability to detect even the smallest detail. I know that I am the right person for this position and after viewing the attached resume, I am confident that you will agree. I hope to meet with you soon in person to discuss this position and to go over my credentials in detail. I welcome the chance to become a valuable member of your team.
Please call (555)-555-5555 for an interview.
My resume is Attached as MS Word Document”
Sample 3: “Cover letter for a DNA analyst”
City, State, Zip Code
Dear Ms. Chavez,
As a highly skilled Forensic Scientist, I read your posting for a new Forensic Scientist with interest. My experience aligns well with the qualifications you are seeking at North City, State Crime Laboratory, in particular my role as Forensic Scientist with the City, State State Crime Laboratory, and I am certain I would make a valuable addition to your organization.
With more than 12 years’ experience as a Forensic Scientist, I am adept in specimen collection, analysis, and interpretation. Moreover, while my on-the-job experience has afforded me a well-rounded skill set, including first-rate time management and public speaking abilities, I excel at:
Performing complex laboratory tests and analyses.
Appearing in court to testify and present evidence.
Completing blood spatter analysis to determine evidentiary value.
Maintaining proper safety and laboratory protocols to secure evidence.
In addition to my experience and personal qualities, I have a solid educational foundation and a passion for forensic science. I am extremely enthusiastic about Northern City, State Crime Laboratory’s focus on clearing evidence backlogs and maintaining efficient operations and would welcome the opportunity to contribute to your achievement and ongoing success with these and other goals.
Please review my attached resume for additional details regarding my expertise and career achievements. I will follow up to request an appointment to discuss how my experience and background meet your needs.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Sample 4: “Cover letter for a DNA analyst”
“878 Emmett Track
Farnborough, MT 00204
Dear Lennon Schamberger,
Please consider me for the digital forensic analyst opportunity. I am including my resume which lists my qualifications and experience.
In my previous role, I was responsible for detailed and advanced technical advice and guidance for all Windows Desktop Operating systems.
Please consider my experience and qualifications for this position:
- Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems
- Oracle Database
- Firewall, HIDS/IDS, SIEM
- Web server fundamentals
- Industry best practice security standards related to the above (DISA STIG, NIST, etc, …)
- Provide forensic analysis on multiple computer and network platforms including Windows and Linux Operating Systems, mobile devices and virtual machines
- Demonstrates a profound sense of ethics, integrity and confidentiality
- Familiarity with EnCase, Forensic Toolkit, Autopsy/Sleauthkit
Thank you for taking the time to review my application.
Sample 5: “Cover letter for a DNA analyst”
“ 54531 Ortiz Station
South Lucia, NV 20979
Dear Campbell Gusikowski,
I am excited to be applying for the position of a digital forensic analyst. Please accept this letter and the attached resume as my interest in this position.
Previously, I was responsible for detailed and advanced technical advice and guidance for all Windows Operating systems.
I reviewed the requirements of the job opening and I believe my candidacy is an excellent fit for this position. Some of the key requirements that I have extensive experience with include:
- Coordinating with Human Resources and Legal representatives to appropriately respond to incidents
- Responding to computer incidents involving suspected malware, data loss prevention, digital evidence reviews
- Experience working with a traditional investigative function either in a corporate or law enforcement environment
- Experience working closely with other IT Security functions such as Operations, Architecture, and Physical Security
- Understanding of common file sync and share services
- A body of experience that includes either system administration or forensic investigation involving both Windows and Linux operating environments
- Experience interpreting corporate Code of Conduct and technology policy documents both while assessing potential misconduct, and for improving and refining the documents
- Knowledge of OS internals and encryption systems
Thank you in advance for reviewing my candidacy for this position.
Frequently Asked Questions: How to write a cover letter for a DNA analyst
How do I write a cover letter for an analyst position?
Business Analyst Cover Letters
- Address your letter to the Hiring Manager by name.
- Start with an attention-grabbing introduction.
- Highlight your most relevant Business Analyst qualifications and experiences.
- Emphasize your top successes.
- Show enthusiasm for the role and company.
What are the skills required for a data analyst?
While data analysts should have a foundational knowledge of statistics and mathematics, much of their work can be done without complex mathematics. Generally, though, data analysts should have a grasp of statistics, linear algebra, and calculus.
If you like this blog post, please leave your comments and questions below.