Cover letter for a business proposal (4 samples)
This blog post will show samples and how to write a cover letter for a business proposal.
How to write a cover for a business proposal
When writing a business proposal cover letter, this is the best format to follow:
- Address the recipient with a formal salutation. For example, “Dear/Hello (name of the recipient).”
- The next step is to inform the recipient of the subject of your proposal.
- Inform the recipient of your reason for the proposal. Ensure you are as clear as possible with the terms and any relevant statistics.
- Conclude your letter with a forward-looking statement. For example, “I look forward to discussing the position further.
Sample 1: “Cover letter for a business proposal”
“Timothy Caldwell Johnson
Johnson Public Relations, Inc.
976 Stratmore Ave.
Houston, TX 75822
March 17, 2019
Mr. William Billington, Marketing Director
Houston Preventative Services
62350 Hollingwood Drive
Houston, TX 96703
Dear Mr. Billington,
I am Timothy Johnson of Johnson Public Relations, and after having been involved in the area for a few decades, I understand the frustrations that you may face regularly. If you are like other marketing directors, you are very likely to face the continuing challenge of trying to determine how to find the best service to fill your needs for public relations. I have some information that you should find appealing.
As a premier PR firm, Johnson Inc. has been providing public relations services to companies like yours for more than 25 years. We thoroughly understand the needs of marketing firms in our locale and know how to provide the best services for your needs.
We are justifiably proud of our record of providing highly rated customer services, with an equally responsive 24-hour turnaround time on almost every request. With a dedicated team, we provide services to help you handle or manage situations of crisis, promote positive messages about your company, handle requests from the media and positively manage your reputation.
We have three customizable options that we would love to provide for you:
- A full representation package: With this all-inclusive package, Johnson, Inc. would manage your company reputation, create positive publicity, teach your staff effective methods for handling the media and provide support for managing crises. We also provide encouraging internal PR support to help your staff be fully appreciative and supportive of your company’s mission.
- A comprehensive external representation program: With this alternative, Johnson, Inc. provides only strong public-facing support. We will help you with the development of a crisis-management response plan and employ supportive methods to engage the media in providing positive coverage.
- The crisis management and control package: It is our sincere hope that no crises ever occur at your company, however, our experience shows that the most effective part of mitigation is to be prepared. We will help you to develop a full crisis management and response plan to help your company return to normal if something does go wrong.
I would love to meet with you and demonstrate how we can eliminate your public relations concerns. I can call you on Monday, March 17 to address your concerns and answer questions about the three options that we can offer we offer.
Tim C. Johnson
Chief PR Officer
Johnson PR Inc.”
Sample 2: “Cover letter for a business proposal”
Handy Helpout Association
987 Portsmouth Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 28977
July 22, 2021
Mr. Jordan C. Bloomfield
Bloomfield, Mercury, Ford & Lincoln
2589 Mainstreet Rd.
Philadelphia, PA 36669
Dear Mr. Bloomfield,
On behalf of Handy Helpout, I would like to thank you for the very generous support you have given to our annual holiday celebrations over the last few years.
This year, we once again have an available sponsorship opportunity at our holiday extravaganza and silent auction. Last year, thanks to our generous sponsors like yourself, we raised more than $200,000, which allowed us to provide clothing, food, coaching for job interviews and assistance with resume preparation for thousands of clients in 2020.
This year, the 2021 event is being held on Friday and Saturday, Nov. 15 and 16, with three levels of available sponsorship:
- The Platinum Sponsor: We feature your company name and logo on our prominently displayed banner and all advertising and marketing material for the event advertising. We feature your company logo prominently on the event T-shirt and welcome two representatives from Bloomfield, Mercury, Ford & Lincoln at our annual dinner on Sunday, November 16. The cost of this sponsorship is $7,000.
- The Gold Sponsor: We prominently feature your company name and logo on the banner and include your logo on the event T-shirt. The cost of this sponsorship is $2,000.
- The Silver Sponsor: We display your company logo on the event T-shirt for a cost of $1,000.
- We look forward to a continued relationship with Bloomfield, Mercury, Ford & Lincoln to make our 2021 holiday extravaganza event even more successful than last year.
I look forward to speaking with you on Nov. 2 to discuss our initiative and answer any questions you may have.
Sample 3: “Cover letter for a business proposal”
Mr. Peter Coleman, CEO
Dallas, Texas 75248
March 1, 2018
Dear Mr. Coleman,
We at XYZ Company are thrilled to have the opportunity to submit a proposal to help your company significantly lower its marketing costs. In the accompanying business proposal, we have outlined how we can help your company transform from simply trying to acquire new clients to a powerful new dual approach that will help you increase the retention of your existing customers by over 80% while at the same time targeting and acquiring new clients at a client acquisition cost that is 30% lower than you are spending now.
After a thorough analysis of your end-to-end marketing and sales process, we found that by incorporating our proprietary Dual Approach marketing System, we can help your company:
- Increase brand awareness
- Enhance and leverage word-of-mouth marketing
- Increase your marketing ROI by at least 40%
- Streamline your pre-sales and post-sales process
- Target new client segments, including an untapped local client base, and lower your new client acquisition costs by over 30%
By using this novel marketing and sales system, your company can increase revenues by almost 40% and create an optimal environment for the marketing of your future products.
The enclosed proposal includes in-depth information detailing how we have helped other companies in your space achieve their branding and marketing goals. You will also find examples of work we have done within your sector.
Call us at (123) 555-1234 if you have any questions or require further information. We are confident that we can create a personalized plan that suits the requirements of your company.
Sample 4: “Cover letter for a business proposal”
“Dear Mr. John Don,
I am pleased to enclose here our proposal on Adaption to Climate Change: Agroforestry and Sustainable Farming Practices in Kaule, Nepal to be implemented by KEN. We hope this proposal will allow you to come to a decision regarding support for this project in the coming weeks. KEN requests NPR 1,029,300 from the Embassy’s Small Grants Fund for local NGOs.
KEN last received funding from the Embassy two years ago for rebuilding after the earthquake. From our last meeting with your staff, we understand the Embassy is looking to build resiliency before the next big disaster strikes. Our project directly addresses this issue.
Adaption to Climate Change is a project focused on enhancing the resilience of small-scale farmers to the effects of climate change and opening up new possibilities for income generation. With your support, we will be able to eliminate reliance on cash crops and diversify farmers’ income, allowing for a better, sustainable lifestyle for all 762 residents of Kaule within 12 months.
I will be happy to respond to any questions you may have about the proposal. I can be reached at xx.xxx@KEN.org or +977-xxx-xxx xxx.
We thank you again for your consideration and look forward to hearing from you soon.
Frequently Asked Questions: How to write a cover for a business proposal
What is the role of a business proposal letter?
Uses of a business proposal letter:
- To propose a partnership
- To provide marketing services
- To ask for sponsorship
- To propose an internal collaboration
Is a cover letter the same as a proposal?
No. A cover letter is a part that comes before the actual proposal.
If you like this blog post, please leave your comments and questions below.