In this brief article, we will be discussing counselling level 3, the topics covered in counselling level 3, the benefits of taking counselling level 3, and more information about counselling level 3.
What is the counselling level 3 course as a counselling course?
The counselling level 3 course is a beginning course that can bring you to professional counselling training.
This kind of counselling course is for anyone who wants to enhance their counselling skills for their counselling profession and learn more about counselling in general.
Counselling level course is a great course for people who want to be professional counsellors in the field.
Like all other counselling courses, the counselling level 3 course will focus on practical learning and self-discovery about your mental health and what triggers you.
The following has also been known to people who have taken this kind of counselling course and what you can learn from this counselling course:
- Improves your theoretical understanding of counselling and persists to help you build the skills and attitudes obligated to practice these kinds of models in counselling.
- Motivates deep personal development and comprehension.
- Improves your ability to understand others and builds your ability to prolong empathy in the counselling room.
- Improves your ability to work effectively in transcultural ways and with diversity, especially since some people might be from other countries in your counselling career.
- Further builds your research and oral presentation skills in counselling.
You will also have frequent meetings with an instructor of the counselling level 3 course where the instructor will tell about your progress in the course and your development in this kind of counselling course.
Goal of counselling level 3 course as a counselling course
The counselling level 3 course is a kind of counselling course for people who are aiming or doing the following:
- take the next stage in training to become a fully-pledged counsellor
- learn more about counselling theory, ethical frameworks and mental health and its conflicts
- be ready for work as a professional counsellor in an agency setting or organisational setting.
This counselling level 3 course does not lead directly to a counselling job.
This is only a starter course when you are about to take training that can bring you to this kind of job in the future.
You can learn more about the work of a counsellor by buying this book on this website.
How does counselling level 3 course work as a counselling course?
This kind of counselling course works as a distance learning course where you can study anywhere as long as you have an internet connection.
You will be in control of your study schedule but you don’t have to face this kind of counselling course alone.
You will have access to people who are engaged in this kind of counselling course which can be accessed through an online learning platform where students will talk and instructors can give out announcements for their students.
The duration you will have in this kind of counselling course will be based on how you are committed to this counselling course and how you are able to understand the concepts in this counselling course.
At the end of each lesson, you will be asked to answer a question paper to assess how far you have learned in this kind of counselling course.
You need to spend 1 to 2 hours of study time on your question paper.
Topics covered in counselling level 3 course
The following are the topics covered in this advanced kind of counselling course.
Unit 1: Introduction to Counselling
- What counselling is and isn’t
- How counselling is distinct from other helping skills
- Main skills included in counselling
- Confidentiality issues
Unit 2: Understanding Feelings of Others
- Discovering the subject of change: its impacts and challenges
- Consideration of Boundaries and Ethics
- Setting goals, planning action and coping with resistance
- Terminating the counselling skills relationship
Unit 3: Approaches and Models of Helping
- Counselling approaches
- The principles of skilled helping
- The use and impacts of questions
- Obstacles to clients’ perspectives
Unit 4: Setting Goals
- Supervision: its importance in good practice
- Competence in record-keeping
- The significance of Continuing Personal Development (CPD) and taking care of you
- Applying your counselling skills
Unit 5: Psychodrama Therapy
- The social atom
- Moreno’s phases of personality development
- Roles and Role Playing
- The auxiliary egos
- Warm up
- Post Action
Unit 6: Post Traumatic Stress Counselling
- Vulnerability to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Reasons for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Symptoms of Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Symptoms of Traumatic Stress Disorder in Children
- Psychological interventions for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Unit 7: Counselling and the Law
- The legal implications for counselling
- The Mental Health Acts
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Risk Assessment
- Employers’ Liability Compulsory Insurance Act 1969
- General Data Protection Regulations
- The Freedom of Information Act 2000
You can learn more about the laws that govern the counselling practice by buying this book on this website.
How do you know if counselling level 3 is the course for you?
You will know if the counselling level 3 is the course for you when you have finished the counselling level 2 course which have earned you this kind of qualification.
In this kind of counselling course, you will learn about ethical frameworks applied in the counselling practice and the theories that govern this kind of practice.
This kind of counselling course will be focusing on your earned experiences in this course where you will engage in group discussions that can help you apply your counselling skills.
You will also be learning the different counselling models such as cognitive-behavioural models, psychodynamic models, and person-centred models which can help you a lot in your future counselling career.
You will also be obligated to take 6 sessions of personal counselling where you will be focusing on your personal development.
This kind of counselling course is not an immediate employment requirement for you to become a counsellor but it is a starting point when you begin to take further studies in this kind of field.
This kind of counselling course is a two part-time or evening course that you can have for 18 weeks.
Your study times for this kind of counselling course must be either from 9 am to 3.10 pm or 3.30 pm to 9 pm and this counselling course can be integrated into around your existing work, study, or family commitments.
Entry requirements to take counselling level 3 course for people who are interested in attending
The following are the entry requirements for this kind of counselling course that people should have to understand the course and practice the course:
- Attain Level 3 oral and written English communication skills.
- Attain a Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills or earn the equivalent professional or voluntary sector experience.
- Voluntarily discuss your thoughts and feelings with other students and tutors on evermore deep levels in the course’s group discussion.
- Voluntarily give and receive feedback to your peers in group discussions.
- Have commitment to discovering your relationships with others and how your values, attitudes and beliefs affect these relationships through the teachings in this kind of counselling course.
- Be dedicated to your learning in this kind of counselling course
- For Internal Applicants: Must have tutor suggestion to progress in this kind of counselling course
- For External Applicants: Need to meet a group interview and assessment process with a Diploma in Counselling Skills tutor as part in this kind of counselling course
You can practice your counselling skills so that you don’t have to worry about your grade in the assessment process by buying this book on this website.
How you will be assessed by the counselling level 3 course?
You will be assessed in this counselling course through your case studies, research reports, group assignments, assignments, practical tests, and more forms of assessment that will be used by the instructor.
You have to at least get a Proficient grade in these assignments to find you eligible to move on to the next topic.
There are some organisations who offer this counselling course where you have to engage in six sessions of a kind of counselling such as person-centred counselling to show you have experience in applying counselling skills.
Duration of the counselling level 3 course
This counselling course will be implemented twice a year starting from early September 2020 and January 2021.
You can select which time you prefer whether you like it in the day-time or night-time.
The following are the next start dates of this counselling course:
- Day-time choice next start date Saturday 12 September 2020, then every Monday 1.30-4.30 pm which is term-time only for 22 weeks.
- Evening choice next start date Saturday 12 September 2020, then every Thursday at 5.30 pm-8.30 pm which is term time only for 22 weeks.
You can buy a calendar journal to take note of these following dates by buying this journal on this website.
Advantages of taking this counselling level 3 course
This kind of counselling course is divided into 7 units worth of practical knowledge of counselling skills and what you need to do in different situations in counselling.
You will also learn various topics in this kind of counselling course such as transference, crisis, ego psychology, and more topics that can help you deal with people and learning about the mind.
This kind of counselling course has the following advantages:
- Help you to build a strong foundation of knowledge and competency that can be transferred into your work.
- Enable you to study on your own conditions such as no classrooms, no strict deadlines and no exams.
- Permit you to study from home where all course materials will be delivered straight to your door, enabling you to fit your studies around your obligations.
- Contradict your views of Counselling, giving you ample opportunities to demonstrate your competency and comprehension of the course materials.
Where can counselling level 3 course take you after finishing this kind of counselling course?
This counselling course can lead you to a helping profession such as a social worker, healthcare worker, teacher, public servant, and more various helping professions.
If you are going to go through with your further studies, you will become a fully-pledged counsellor.
You might also consider the next counselling course from this counselling which is the following:
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
You can start out your learning in level 4 counselling by buying this book here.
In this brief article, we have discussed counselling level 3, the topics covered in counselling level 3, the benefits of taking counselling level 3, and more information about counselling level 3.
If you have any questions about counselling level 3, please let us know and the team will gladly answer your questions.
Side Note: I have tried and tested various products and services to help with my anxiety and depression. See my top recommendations here, as well as a full list of all products and services our team has tested for various mental health conditions and general wellness.
FAQs: counselling level 3
What jobs are similar to counselling?
The jobs that are similar to counselling are clinical psychiatrist, psychiatric nurse, clinical or counselling practising psychologist, marriage and family counsellor, and substance abuse counsellor.
These kinds of jobs are considered as mental health professions since their primary focus is the mental health of the client.
What careers are high in demand right now?
The careers that are high in demand right now are interpreters and translators, computer and information system managers, financial managers, information security analysts, medical and health services managers, construction managers, and registered nurses.
Can I work as a counsellor with Level 3?
Yes, you can work as a counsellor with Level 3.
This can get you a counselling career in organisations that are focused on giving mental health services to people such as Childline and Relate.
This kind of certificate can show that you are skilled in counselling and you are great at listening which is what most clients need.
Is counselling a stressful job?
Yes, counselling is a stressful job as stated by other counsellors.
This can occur since most of these mental health professionals have to deal with people who have mental health complications that tend to overwhelm an individual.
This is why it is important for these kinds of mental health professionals to take personal therapy so that they can learn psychological maturity.
What are fun jobs that pay well?
The fun jobs that pay well are NASCAR mechanic, fortune cookie writer, ethical hacker, video game designer, sommelier, food critic, advertising or marketing manager, search marketing and social media professional, and advertising or marketing manager.
Association of learning. Counselling Diploma Level 3.
Cpcab. Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies (CST-L3).
Kingston College. NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Counselling Skills and Theory.
LC & CTA. Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies.
Learndirect. Counselling Skills (RQF) Level 3.
LSBU group. Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies (CPCAB).