Cerebral vs Hers (Who has the best services?)
In this post, we will be comparing the mental health care services and other features offered in Cerebral and Hers. Cerebral is solely dedicated to providing the highest quality of mental health care quickly and efficiently. Hers, on the other hand, is a women’s health platform that also provides mental health care services.
In the following table, you will be able to see the main services offered by Cerebral and Hers and also find the many differences between these platforms.
|Types of services
|Therapy and Psychiatry
|Therapy, Psychiatry, Women’s Health
|Min 85 USD
|All major credit or debit cards, HSA, FSA
|All major credit cards
|18 years and above
|18 years and above
- Cerebral offers therapy as well as psychiatry services
- It can be covered by insurance
- It offers care counseling
- Cerebral can be expensive without insurance
- Group therapy sessions are not available
- Couples therapy and teens therapy cannot be availed here
- Hers offers plenty of health care options for women
- The products and medications are delivered home
- It deals with a lot of sensitive topics
- Hers cannot be covered by insurance
- It cannot be used for all medical needs
- Certain medications are not allowed to be prescribed here
Cerebral was founded in 2020 by Kyle Robertson in order to improve the access to medications and therapy for those who are suffering from mental health conditions. In this platform, the user can avail both these services together or individually as per their needs and requirements. Cerebral operates completely online and thus can be accessed from anywhere.
The platform offers its services through various formats such as live audio sessions and live video sessions. In addition to this, the user can also send an unlimited number of messages to their therapists and other members of the care team. Cerebral follows a collaborative model of health care of which the care counselor is an integral part.
Cerebral is pretty affordable and its cost-effectiveness is mainly due to the easy insurance coverage available here. Insurance coverage in Cerebral is made possible as the platform has wisely tied up with a large number of in-network providers. This insurance coverage is available for the therapy services and also the psychiatry services.
Hers is a platform which deals exclusively with matters related to women’s health. In Hers, women who are dealing with problems like hair loss, skin issues and even sexual health issues can get medical advice from specialists and also be prescribed medications and other substances. Hers is a baby of the company Hims Inc. and was launched in 2018.
The main aim of the founding of Hers was to create a space where women can seek birth control pills and medications for improving sex drives. The company has gone on to add many other avenues like hair care and skin care since its founding. Hers has also launched features for mental health care.
The mental health care services in Hers include online psychiatry and individual therapy. Furthermore, the platform offers anonymous group therapy that are mostly free of cost. Just like its other services, the psychiatric medications are also sent to the home of the user directly. Hers does not offer any type of insurance coverage for the mental health services.
Best features of Cerebral
Cerebral has curated several great features and characteristics so that its users can experience only the best in mental health care. Some of the best features of Cerebral have been explored in the points below.
Cerebral offers remote access
Cerebral can be used from anywhere and everywhere as the platform operates completely online. This means that the user can access mental health care from their workplace, while commuting or even while at home. This can be great news for those who are disabled or cannot leave the house as they are taking care of an infant.
It has therapy and psychiatry in the same space
In Cerebral, the user can avail therapy as well as psychiatry services in the same space. The platform offers different plans in which the user can get only therapy, only medications and even both these services together. The therapy is also called behavioral health coaching in the Cerebral platform.
It allows various formats of communication
There are various formats of communication that are offered in Cerebral that users can opt from according to their preferences and conveniences. The live sessions in Cerebral can be experienced as phone calls or even live video sessions. Furthermore, there is also an unlimited messaging feature available in the platform.
Cerebral has care counseling
Cerebral offers care counseling as part of its collaborative care model of mental health care. Care counselors are mental health professionals who are not always licensed therapists. These counselors closely track the progress made by the user and teach them various coping strategies and behavioral techniques that can help their mental health.
It offers a wide range of treatments
There are a wide range of treatments available in the platform that can be used for the management of several mental health conditions. Cerebral allows the prescription of antidepressants, SSRIs and SNRIs that can be great for the treatment of anxiety, depression and the like.
Certificates can be availed here
Documents and certificates related to mental health statuses can be availed through Cerebral. This service depends on the prescriber and can vary from professional to professional. Many users have got hold of disability certificates, work leave letters and even letters for Emotional Support Animals through Cerebral.
Cerebral offers high levels of security
There are high levels of security in Cerebral that guarantee the privacy and security of users. Cerebral has several security measures such as end to end encryptions and dual-step authentications through which the identity and information related to the user. These make Cerebral a HIPAA compliant company which further increases its credibility.
It can be covered by insurance
Insurance coverage is made very easy in Cerebral. The platform has tied up with several in-network providers such as Cigna, Optum and Humana through which the affordability and access to mental health care is greatly increased for all. This insurance coverage is available for the therapy as well the psychiatry services of the platform.
The platform is very easy to use
Users of this platform can expect a high ease of use. The platform is pretty transparent about its features and plans
Best features of Hers
Hers is definitely the best platform for any woman trying to improve their health. The platform offers a plethora of services and features that can be highly advantageous and are known to be effective. Some of the best features one can expect while using Hers have been explored here.
Hers offers great hair care services
In Hers, women can find a variety of services for hair care. The services range from those that treat hair loss, unruly hair, increasing hair growth or to just tame frizz. The treatments can be medications like Minoxidil, shampoos and conditioners and also supplements in the form of biotin gummies.
It offers many solutions for skin care
There are also a variety of solutions for skin care itself in Hers. The solutions for skin care in Hers includes treatment specifically for acne, daily moisturizing, cleansing and toning and to even fight signs of aging. The platform also offers a free skin quiz that anyone can take to better understand their skin’s requirements.
It has primary care provisions
Primary care is also another feature that is offered in Hers. This primary care does not treat just about any medical condition but has been tailored to meet the specific needs that most women require for their overall health. The primary care providers in Hers can treat UTIs, Yeast infections, allergies, rashes and even respiratory issues like asthma and bronchitis.
It provides supplements
There is also a separate store for supplements that are available in Hers. These supplements can target many areas such as relaxation and de stressing, overall health and even anti aging. The supplements are in the form of drops, capsules, gummies or even powders for collagen building in those who want to fight the signs of aging.
Hers focuses on sexual health for women
Sexual health is another important area that Hers covers. In fact, this was the founding factor of the platform. In Hers, users can find birth control pills, condoms and lubricants and even vibrators to help in sexual pleasure. Furthermore, they can also find treatment for genital herpes and such.
It offers psychiatry services for mental health
Mental health services have been the latest offerings from Hers. The platform offers psychiatry services as well as therapy. These services are offered fully online and are much more cost-effective than in-person appointments. The medications and their refills are also sent to the home of the user directly.
It has therapy services
Therapy is also offered in Hers for those who want guidance and emotional support. The therapy sessions in Hers are offered to the user session by session and thus the user does not need to worry about paying a monthly subscription unlike many mental health care platforms out there. These therapy sessions are entirely conducted through live video conferencing.
It has plenty of support groups
Another feature that Hers is very popular for is the support group feature. The platform offers plenty of online support groups that can be attended anonymously. These cover a range of topics related to mental health and mental illness. This feature is free in the platform and is on a first-come first-serve basis.
Hers has a large collection of free resources
Hers also boasts of a large collection of free resources that anyone can use. These have been curated carefully by the medical professionals in the platform and cover general well-being and even very specific topics. There are also many free resources specifically for mental health and can teach anyone about mindfulness, self-care, sleep hygiene and many other topics.
Pricing of Cerebral
The costs of mental health care in Cerebral generally depend on the type of plan that the user has chosen. The Medication + Care Counseling plan in Cerebral costs $85 per month and is available at $30 for the first month. This entitles the user access to a licensed prescriber and a care counselor.
The Coaching plan in the platform costs the user $145 per month and is $59 for the first month. In this plan, the user will have weekly sessions with a behavioral health coach. The Medication + Coaching plan in Cerebral costs $195 per month and can be availed at $79 for the first month. This plan provides psychiatry services along with behavioral health coaching.
Pricing of Hers
The costs of the services in Hers typically depend on the type of treatment that the user is opting for. For example, the Complete Hair Kit, which is one of the most popular purchases here, costs $44. The therapy sessions in the platform are priced at $99 per session. The psychiatry services are priced at $85 per month for consultations with the provider and medications.
Signing up for Cerebral
To sign up for the mental health care services in Cerebral, the individual can go to the website or the app and complete the mental health assessment provided. Once this is done, they will need to create an appointment with a mental health professional who will further evaluate them. When the evaluation has been completed, and the payment made, the user can start treatments soon.
Signing up for Hers
Signing up for Hers is pretty simple and easily done. Individuals can go to the website or the app and click on the type of care they are looking for. For all the features, Hers will ask the user to take a short quiz to basically get to know them better. For mental health services, the user will be put in touch with a licensed provider for initial consultation and treatment following this.
Tips for using Cerebral
Cerebral is a very easy to use platform. But the large number of features can make it sometimes difficult. This is especially for those who are new to online therapy and tele-psychiatry altogether. Some tips to help new users of Cerebral out have been explored below.
- The live sessions in Cerebral can be either completed through phone calls or live video sessions. You can create a dedicated corner or space for these in your home so that you will not be disturbed during your session. Make sure that you choose the right time for this from your day so that you can focus better on your session.
- Before starting your therapy or coaching sessions in Cerebral, you can always take some time to set goals for yourself. These goals can cover your mental health and even other things that you want to achieve.
But ensure that they are realistic and achievable. Communicate these with your coach so that they understand you better and charter the course of therapy appropriately.
- There is also an unlimited messaging feature in Cerebral. Don’t be afraid to use this as much as you can. The unlimited messaging can allow you to communicate with your therapist or care counselor at any time.
Even if you are not guaranteed an immediate response all the time, you can still use this feature for venting and also setting reminders for talking points.
Tips for using Hers
Hers is definitely a very popular name among women. This platform covers almost all topics, especially sensitive ones that women can deeply relate to. A few suggestions to help users of Hers have been explored as follows.
- Hers has a lot of features related to many aspects that you may or may not be interested in. A great way to learn more about the platform, and more importantly learn more about you, is to take the free quizzes provided here. These can definitely be game-changing, even if you decide not to use the products or medications recommended.
- If you feel intimidated about online therapy and psychiatry but are still curious to know how all this works, you can join a support group. These are held online and you can use them anonymously and are also free of cost. These can help you even if you are currently in therapy or on medications for mental health issues.
- If anonymous support groups still frighten you, you can always check out the free content provided in the mental health feature of Hers. There are numerous short videos that can help you destress and relax. You can also find numerous tips to help you increase focus and concentration among many other things.
Personal experiences in Cerebral
Users have had varying experiences in Cerebral while using the platform for mental health care. Some of their experiences have been summarized in the points following.
- Most users have liked Cerebral tremendously particularly due to its ease of use. Many users have felt that they can easily access mental health care from anywhere with no adjustments in standard or quality.
- Some users have complained that the app of Cerebral needs to be revamped as it has a lot of technical errors. This has made the experiences of some users very frustrating.
- A few users have not been able to find the medications of their choice in the platform due to Cerebral’s standards of not prescribing controlled substances like Adderall. Thus, those users who have ADHD may not be able to use this platform for their medications in all the states.
- While Cerebral allows unlimited messaging and chatting, users have felt that the response timings are not guaranteed and thus cannot be relied upon. Since live sessions cannot be conducted immediately, many users have felt that the platform cannot be used if you want immediate emotional support or professional counseling.
Personal experiences in Hers
Hers has been catering to a large number of users for a long time now. The platform has gained mostly positive reviews from its users, although many have pinpointed certain flaws. A few user experiences have been described below.
- Most users have loved the products for hair care and skin care in the platform. The products are advertised to be natural and helpful for the health of users.
- However, some users have felt that other skin care brands may be better in their concentration and quality of certain substances like retinoid. They have felt that the price is way too high for the anti-aging creams that Hers features. Some have even felt that the platform offers very less product and does not fill the bottles all the way to the top.
- A large percentage of users in Hers are loyal to the platform for birth control. The platform offers many solutions and options and also makes access to birth control very easy and quick.
- Many users have complained about the poor customer support of the platform. Some have even been coerced into purchasing a subscription even if they did not want to in the first place. Delays in refunds and cancellations have also been called problematic factors in Hers.
Cerebral and Hers each cater to a different target population. While Cerebral is completely dedicated to mental health care, Hers targets women’s health of which mental health care is also one of its main features. The features in Cerebral for mental health care are indeed a lot more than Hers considering it focuses on overall women’s health in the first place.
In Cerebral, users can choose among different combinations of only therapy, only medications or simply both. The live sessions are conducted through phone calls or video sessions that the user can choose based on their preferences. The great thing about Cerebral is that it can be easily covered through insurance.
Hers, certainly offers a lot more options when it comes to overall health. It essentially is a one-stop shop for many sensitive topics like hair loss, aging, sexual health and mental health. However, none of the services are covered by insurance and can be straining on the pocket of the user. This includes the mental health services offered by the platform as well.
BetterHelp: A Better Alternative
If you are on the prowl for an amazing platform that offers superb mental health services, we would highly recommend BetterHelp. BetterHelp offers individual therapy services, couples therapy services and even therapy for teenagers. Furthermore, the platform also provides group therapy sessions that are conducted about once a week.
The subscription to BetterHelp is pretty affordable and while there is no insurance coverage here, the platform provides financial assistance to those who are unemployed, disabled and even those who have veteran status. The financial assistance needs to be renewed every three months and can reduce the costs of therapy by up to 25 per cent.
Is Cerebral worth the money?
Yes, Cerebral is worth the money, especially if the user is looking for therapy as well as psychiatry services on the same platform. While the costs of Cerebral may be high in the first outlook, this can be easily managed if the user has insurance coverage.
Is Cerebral therapy legit?
Yes, Cerebral therapy is conducted by licensed and accredited therapists and thus is legitimate. Users can be assured that they will be receiving care from only the best in the business while using Cerebral.
Does Cerebral take Tricare?
Yes, Cerebral takes Tricare, including Tricare Select, Tricare Prime and even Tricare Prime-Remote. This allows many active duty members and their families access mental health care services at very low costs.
If you like this post, please leave your comments and questions in the space below.