Can Talkspace be useful for ADHD? (+3 Alternatives To Talkspace)
In this article, we will discuss if Talkspace can be useful for ADHD. In addition to this, we will be looking at some of the various symptoms of ADHD, particularly in adults. Lastly, we shall mention the different alternative platforms that also offer online therapy and even online psychiatry services that can be great for those who have ADHD.
Can Talkspace be useful for ADHD?
Yes, Talkspace can be very useful for those who have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. While the platform can be useful in providing psychotherapy as well as medications for this condition, certain drugs such as Adderall are not allowed to be prescribed here. Some of the ways through which Talkspace can be highly useful for ADHD have been described below:
Talkspace is very cost-effective
While in-person therapy is expensive, online therapy platforms like Talkspace are gaining a lot of momentum are they are much more affordable. And thus, those who have ADHD can easily access therapy at a lesser cost than the traditional therapy settings. The platform also has insurance coverage which further reduces the costs of therapy.
It has great psychiatry services
Talkspace not only provides therapy facilities, but also has psychiatry services. These can be great for those who require both therapy and medications for mental illnesses such as severe depression, anxiety, schizophrenia and even adult ADHD. However, federal laws restrict Talkspace from prescribing substances like Adderall and Xanax.
It provides therapy in various formats
The therapy in Talkspace is offered in various formats and modes. This can be enticing for those with adult ADHD as they can switch between formats depending on their moods and their energy levels. The user in Talkspace, can communicate with their therapist through messages, live chats, live audio sessions and even live video sessions.
It can be used from anywhere
This platform can be used and accessed from anywhere as it functions completely online. And thus, you can seek therapy while you are out on a park bench, tucked away in a corner of the coffee shop or even from the solace of your bedroom itself. This brings a high level of convenience, especially if you have a busy schedule.
It brings a lot of safety
Talkspace uses a HIPAA compliant technology, which means that it has security features such as end to end encryptions, multi-step authentications and strong firewalls. Thus, your identity and information is well-protected in this system. Furthermore, it brings even more physical safety as you are not required to meet your therapist face to face.
It has many other resources
The platform not only offers therapy and psychiatry services. It has many other resources that you can go through while not in therapy. The platform has a great blog filled with amazing articles and tips. Talkspace also ensures that its users are educated about other aspects of life, such as legal rights, career and even family.
It brings a better client-therapist fit
If you are having certain qualms about the type of therapist that you will be assigned, don’t worry at all in Talkspace. This platform uses the help of artificial intelligence to bring a better match between you and your therapist. If you are not happy with your current provider, the platform also makes it super easy for you to change therapists.
Symptoms of adult ADHD
While ADHD is mostly recognized in children, the symptoms can last well into adulthood. However, not many of us are aware of how ADHD can manifest itself in adults. Some of the symptoms of adult ADHD have been explained in the following section:
- Those who have adult ADHD may have problems focusing. They might either lack focus or even go into a state of hyper-focus where they lose track of everything else that happens around them.
- They may also be poor at managing schedules and time-tables and thus often miss appointments and meetings. This can also strain their careers and even their relationships.
- Adults with ADHD often suffer from poor self-esteem and low self-confidence issues as they might find that their condition affects every part of their lives. Thus, the importance of a strong support system and regular therapy is high for these persons.
- ADHD is not always doing things at a fast pace. Those who have this condition tend to be great procrastinators and often ruminate about multiple tasks at once. This can take up a lot of mental energy and also lead to a waste of time.
Alternatives to Talkspace
There are many other online therapy platforms which have features similar to that of Talkspace. The best among these have been mentioned as follows:
- BetterHelp: BetterHelp is one of the most popular platforms for online therapy and caters to nearly two million users. BetterHelp also offers financial assistance to those who require it.
- Calmerry: Calmerry is another leading online therapy platform that has a large network of licensed and certified therapists. The platform also provides several formats or modes of therapy.
- Cerebral: Cerebral offers its users both therapy as well as psychiatry services. The plans of Cerebral can be easily covered through insurance. Cerebral also ships medications directly to the home of the user.
In this article, we have discussed if Talkspace can be useful for ADHD. In addition to this, we have looked at some of the various symptoms of ADHD, particularly in adults. Lastly, we have mentioned the different alternative platforms that also offer online therapy and even online psychiatry services that can be great for those who have ADHD.
If you like this article, please post your comments and questions below.
Find Hope and Healing Through Online Counseling on BetterHelp
At some point in our lives, we all face challenges that can feel overwhelming and difficult to overcome.
BetterHelp offers accessible, affordable, and confidential online counselling that can provide you with the support and guidance you need to navigate life’s ups and downs. Our licensed therapists specialize in a variety of areas, including depression, anxiety, relationships, and more, and can provide you with personalized therapy that fits your unique needs and circumstances.
Don’t struggle alone – sign up for BetterHelp today and start your journey towards healing and growth with the help of a compassionate and experienced therapist.