This blogpost will discuss if Talkspace is covered by insurance. We shall also be explaining why therapy is actually so expensive. In addition to this, we shall be describing the importance of therapy. Many are turning to talk therapy as an area for venting, expression, career guidance and self-growth and development.
Can Talkspace be covered by insurance?
Absolutely yes! Talkspace can be covered by insurance as it has been synced with many health insurance companies. Some of these are Optum, Premera Blue Cross Blue Shield, Humana and Cigna. Furthermore, if you are a student or an employee, you can also be covered through your institution or organization.
To know if you are covered by insurance in your Talkspace account, you can follow these steps mentioned below:
- You will need to log in to your Talkspace account and click on your username. You will find this at the top left part of your screen.
- Under the options presented to you, click on ‘Check my coverage’ which shall give you details about your insurance coverage.
- If you are using an iOS app, click on the settings icon in the form of a cogwheel. This icon will be located at the top right part of the page.
- Once you are in the settings page, you can choose the option ‘Eligibility and coverage’ and then choose ‘Check my coverage’.
Why is therapy so expensive?
Whether you are referring to in-person therapy or online therapy, you will find that therapy in general is quite expensive. This cost factor is the main reason why many individuals do not go to therapy and may even drop out in the middle of a program. Let’s look at the various reasons why therapy is so expensive:
Therapists may need to rent expensive offices
Therapists need to create a cozy and safe environment so that their clients feel more welcome and relaxed. This type of environment is necessary to bring about better rapport between the therapist and client. It also helps to be aesthetically pleasing along with great amenities. However, all these can be quite expensive to create, especially for independent therapists.
Psychotherapy education is not cheap
The education that psychologists and counselors undergo is not exactly cheap. And also, they would need to take these courses and diplomas at high-rated universities which would burn a much bigger hole in their pockets. The learning does not stop here. Therapists need to keep taking courses to keep themselves updated, and this means additional expenses for them.
There may be marketing expenses
In order to bring in more clients, therapists need to market themselves well out there. Additionally, these marketing techniques are top-notch and of high standards since it is psychology and psychotherapy being marketed and advertised here. However, these marketing strategies can be quite expensive, making the therapy also quite expensive.
License fees are an added expense
Every state and country has its own licensing procedure for therapists and counselors. It is not enough that therapists have a degree or diploma. They also need to be licensed by the state to practice and only then will be able to work with patients. These licensing costs can be quite high and may need to be renewed at a regular basis, bringing more expenses to the therapist.
Mental labor can be exhausting
Mental labor or emotional labor is quite exhausting and can actually have a detrimental effect on the psyche of the therapist themselves. This is especially if the caseload is too high or they are dealing with hardcore psychological illnesses. Since mental labor can affect the therapist in a negative manner, the cost of therapy also tends to be quite high.
Interventions need to be individualized
Psychological interventions are not a one-size fits all type of approach. Every client is new and brings a unique set of problems and perspectives to the therapist’s office. Thus, therapists need to spend a lot of time researching the issue and coming up with individualized interventions and treatments for their clients in order to bring the best quality of therapy.
Importance of therapy
Therapy is becoming increasingly sought after as more individuals have understood the need and importance of self-care and good mental health. Some reasons why therapy is considered extremely important are:
- Therapy can help you deal with traumatic situations and can help you maneuver crises easier. It can thus bring you extra assistance and guidance especially when you need it the most.
- Therapy can also improve your relationships, whether it is a romantic relationship, a marriage or even familial bonds. Since relationships are always going to be there in our lives, it is important that they are of high quality, bringing us love, care and acceptance.
- It can help you maintain a better work-life balance which can easily go for a toss, especially in today’s hustle culture world. It can also help you advance in your career and find more satisfaction from your job.
- Therapy can be great for personal growth and development, bringing you closer to self-acceptance and self-actualization.
BetterHelp: A Better Alternative
Those who are seeking therapy online may also be interested in BetterHelp. BetterHelp offers plenty of formats of therapy, ranging from live chats, live audio sessions and live video sessions. In addition, unlimited messaging through texting, audio messages and even video messages are available here.
BetterHelp also offers couples therapy and therapy for teenagers in its platform. Furthermore, group sessions can also be found in this platform, covering more than twenty different topics related to mental health and mental illness. The pricing of BetterHelp is also pretty cost-effective, especially considering the fact that the platform offers financial aid to most users.
This blogpost has discussed if Talkspace is covered by insurance. We have also explained why therapy is actually so expensive. In addition to this, we have described the importance of therapy.
If you like this blogpost, please leave your comments and questions in the space below.