Can monday.com send text messages? (+6 benefits of text messaging)
This post will discuss how you can send text messages through monday.com. We will be describing the various steps to do this and also looking at the benefits of text messaging for business organizations. Furthermore, we shall also be describing the different advantages of using monday.com for project management.
Can monday.com send text messages?
Yes, monday.com can send text messages. While such a feature is not available in the platform as an in-built feature, it can easily be arranged with the help of an integration. The most common integration that is set up with monday.com for the purpose of text messaging is Twilio. To arrange this integration, you will need to follow the steps given below:
- On the board that you want to integrate with Twilio, click on ‘Integrate’. You will find this option at the upper right part of your screen. This will open the Integrations Center where you can choose ‘Twilio’.
Picture credit: monday.com
- If you do not have a Twilio account, you will need to create one in the next step. Once you have set up your Twilio account with the required information, you can go to your Twilio dashboard and click on ‘See All’. You will find this option at the bottom of your Twilio screen.
- Choose the ‘3rd party integration’ option from the grid of options available. You can then name the project any title you like, such as ‘monday.com’. Next you will have to copy and paste your SID and your Auth Key from Twilio into monday.com.
- You will also need a Twilio phone number for this integration to work. You can find direction for this in the dashboard of your Twilio.
Benefits of text messaging for organizations
While text messaging might seem too old-school and outdated, especially since the advent of many new communication methods, organizations still rely on this for their business purposes. Some of the benefits of text messaging for business organizations are described below:
Everybody uses phones
Almost everyone on this planet uses a mobile phone. While data might not be readily available all time, especially in remote areas and developing countries, text messaging relies on cellular networks which are more reliable than data connections. Because of this, text messaging seems like a better option for businesses to communicate with their customers and vice versa.
Messages are delivered quickly
Messages are delivered quicker than emails to customers. This means, there is a lesser delay of response and increase in likelihood of better communication between the organization and the customer. Since messages are delivered quicker, customers can easily reach across in real time for queries and raising tickets, further increasing brand value.
Customers like text messaging
Text messaging has been around for a long time and has always had high user appeal. This is mostly because of the convenience that text messaging brings. When a business organization uses text messaging to communicate with its customers and clients, there is an instant improvement in brand value, thus increasing brand loyalty.
Customer support is readily available
Successful organizations grow because of being easily available for their customers and clients all the time. This availability of customer support is increased due to text messaging. Which means customers can easily access and communicate with the business to ask for information and also to raise issues or complaints.
It is very cost effective
While social media marketing campaigns and other marketing schemes may take up a lot of time and effort, as well as a large investment of money in order to be implemented, text messaging is very cost effective in comparison. Due to this cost effectiveness, organizations additionally opt for text messaging services in addition to other marketing campaigns.
Messages are more likely to be read
Text messages are more likely to be opened by the user and thus the aim of the organization to promote its product or service is achieved at a higher percentage. Studies have shown that text messaging has a 98% open rate, which gives business organizations an additional reason to opt for text messaging.
Advantages of monday.com for project management
monday.com calls itself a Work Operating System and can be used for the purpose of project management, business operations, sales and marketing, finance management and also for the purpose of collaboration. Some advantages of monday.com for project management are listed as follows:
- It can be used to improve communication and collaboration between team members. This means there is better transparency and responsibility in the team, ultimately contributing positively to productivity and work efficiency.
- It can be used to create and conduct campaigns. The platform offers many methods to encourage healthy discussions and brainstorming through which teams can contribute ideas and create new campaigns. There are also plenty of ready to use templates which teams can use to start their work a foot ahead of the starting line.
- It can be used as a CRM in order to improve the relationship of the customer and the business. Thus, the platform can generate and score new leads, help in processing customer tickets and generally improve the customer experience and service.
This post has discussed how you can send text messages through monday.com. We have described the various steps to do this and also looked at the benefits of text messaging for business organizations. Furthermore, we have also described the different advantages of using monday.com for project management.
If you like this post, please leave your comments and questions below.