This article discusses if insurance can be used for Betterhelp’s services and what is Betterhelp’s stance on this. Furthermore, the article will highlight how insurance works and whether it is really worth taking paying for the giant online therapy’s services using insurance. It will also look at what other options there are to pay for these services and how one can pay.
Can I Use Insurance For Betterhelp?
You cannot use insurance to pay for Betterhelp unless in circumstances where it is applicable. The services of Betterhelp are also not covered by Medicare or Medicaid. There are a number of reasons for this which have been highlighted on their website but they include the following:
- Health insurance plans have partial or limited coverage so it really isn’t useful. Most of the time they do not fully cover the costs and one ends up doing much paperwork to get very little benefit. On top of that you need to finance the insurance as well somehow.
- In the case that your health insurance plan covers all costs of the services, the co-pay of insurance may be higher than the entire cost of Betterhelp’s services – this is due to the generally low cost services of Betterhelp due to it’s online nature and ease of accessibility for all. So, it is better not to avail insurance because you may end up paying way more to get the insurance compared to the actual costs of the services.
- Clients at Betterhelp may not be able to use insurance because insurance companies often require that the diagnosis of a patient and their future treatment plans are sent to them. However, at Betterhelp service providers are not allowed to diagnose patients for a number of reasons. The service providers are also not allowed to prescribe drugs. As said before, insurance companies require some sort of documentation or proof that a person is indeed eligible for insurance.
- Betterhelp emphasizes that their costs for services are very low hence it is not advisable to use insurance. This is what they prefer and they also offer financial aid on their website which can be used to decrease the costs of sessions from around $280 to as low as $216.
What Is Insurance – Financial Protection
It is a contract that provides financial protection or reimbursement from damages or losses caused to a third party. The purpose of this contract is to insure someone from damage or loss by charging a certain amount from them usually on a monthly basis.
There are different types of insurance and some are even required by the law. Many countries deem car insurance as necessary whereas other types of insurance such as life, health and homeowners may be optional. There is always a company willing to insure you but it depends on their preferences; they may charge you more or less based on some criterion.
So a company that provides you with auto insurance may ask you to pay a higher premium (cost of insurance paid monthly) if you are a reckless driver and own a speedy vehicle compared to someone who owns a minivan not known for speed and has a responsible driving record. However, yet again, this depends on the company.
Nonetheless, Betterhelp discourages clients from using insurance to pay for their services because of the complications that may be involved in proving that the services are eligible for insurance (the online dilemma) and because the cost of availing insurance may be high.
Betterhelp has very affordable services and you can sign up here if you are interested. For the sake of the article, we will take a closer look at what this mental health platform basically is and what services it offers!
BetterHelp – Your Online Partner In Mental Health
Betterhelp is one of the largest online platforms that provides multiple services for all types of people who are suffering from mental health problems and require counseling. What is great about this service is that it is online hence it is available anywhere and every time. You do not have to go to the doctor’s office to get an appointment or wait in line for your turn. This is great if you feel pretty down and getting out of bed is a challenge for you!
With approximately 1700 licensed therapists available online at the click of a button, Betterhelp ensures that its clients receive the best help they can get by connecting them to professional therapists and counselors who know what they need to do This is apparent by the total number of sessions which Betterhelp has already conducted from their platform; a whopping 70 million sessions already completed! This is possible because the company understands the needs of clients well and hence provides therapy related services to them online and not just at physical location. In a world where things are changing constantly and the unknown is always around the corner, it is becoming more of a need rather than a desire to get services online and at your doorstep – we simply don’t have time nowadays!
Betterhelp recognizes everyone – they don’t discriminate. Whether you are a child who needs counseling or someone from a minority group or marginalized community, Betterhelp believes that no one should be kept away from getting the help they need! Also, Betterhelp recognizes the important diversity should be given; even though the differences don’t mean justify discrimination or leaving someone out, they do necessitate the special services we require. This includes people from all types of backgrounds.
When you visit their site, you will see that the company realizes the various situations you may be stuck in; you could be a child who needs help, a person in a relationship who feels they need to opt for couple therapy or an individual who is having a tough time facing their problems. The website also recognizes people who experience different feelings, thoughts and experiences compared to the vast majority of people; it does not judge a person based on how others are but how the person is themself! So don’t worry! You are in good hands at Betterhelp.
Services At Betterhelp
Betterhelp is actually a platform that connects you to service providers who can counsel you or advise you in how to deal with your problems. The platform claims that the service providers on it’s panel do not represent the company nor are they their employees.
Although this does relieve the online giant of many responsibilities, the company makes the claim of offering the following services:
How does Betterhelp reach out to its clients? Let us take as look at the following to find out:
- Chatrooms: These are open 24/7 and you can drop a message any time you feel like doing so. However, your counselor will only get back to you once they have the time or chance to. Usually people like dropping questions they want opinions on from their counselor and don’t mind waiting a bit.
- Live Chatting Sessions: here you can chat with your counselor in real time and there really is no limit on the number of messages exchanged or time spent talking here. It depends on the needs of the client and the nature of the problem.
- Live Phone Calls: Kind of like Skype this platform has their own system set up where you can have audio sessions with your service provider. It does not show your contact details to the counselor for reasons of privacy and in case the counselor and counselee become direct.
- Video Sessions: clients who are more comfortable or want a more personalized experience can also opt for video sessions. Like other mediums of interaction, there is no limit on these although people mostly hold the opinion that 1 or 2 sessions per week are sufficient.
Are you interested in the services Betterhelp provides? Do you want to sign up or check out their website? Don’t waste any time and click here!
This article discussed why insurance cannot be used to pay for Betterhelp’s services and explained a number of reasons behind this. Furthermore, the article also highlighted Betterhelp’s stance on using insurance to pay for it’s services. For the sake of developing a comprehensive understanding of the topic, the article introduced Betterhelp and its services and also explained what insurance basically is!