This article will look at whether you can cancel Betterhelp or not and stop availing their services as well as what possible reasons could lead you to take this decision. The article will also state how you can end subscription at this platform but remind the audience of the possible services Betterhelp offers at affordable prices. The article will also mention alternatives available to this online company.
Can I Cancel Betterhelp?
Yes you can cancel Betterhelp using 3 different methods explained below:
- Your Account: You can simply use your account to cancel your subscription to the online mental health service. You just need to login and go to your account settings. From there choose the payment settings option tap on ‘Change Plan Or Quit Counseling’. You will be requested to share the reason why you want to quit the counseling sessions you have access to. Once you have shared a reason, hit ‘Quit Counseling’! Voila! You have successfully canceled your membership.
- Betterhelp’s Online Contact Form: Here you can access their contact form which also allows you to cancel your subscription. All you have to do is provide basic information such as your name and email ID and explain why you want to quit the counseling services. Click on submit and the online company will process your request.
- Another way to cancel a subscription would be to use their email option; all you need to do is send an email at [email protected] and ask them to cancel your subscription and they will do just that!
Why would you want to cancel Betterhelp? Let us take a look at the possible reasons behind this decision!
Why Cancel Betterhelp & It’s Services?
Here are a few reasons why you would want to stop availing services at Betterhelp:
- All Healthy
- Unsatisfactory Service
- Counselors – No Good
- Online Vs In Person Therapy
- Mental Health Deteriorating
- Financial Issues
Sometimes people cancel their subscription because they no longer need mental health services that are provided at the online platform. This is great news not only for the company because they have achieved their goal with the help of their service providers and improved the mental well being of their clients.
Clients have complained that the responses they get from their counselors are generic and not meaningful or catered to their situation; especially if they are availing services through chatting sessions or chat rooms. Not satisfied with the services, clients choose to cancel the subscription.
Counselors – No Good
Many people may cancel their subscription because they feel that they are not able to find a suitable counselor. Although Betterhelp makes an attempt to pair you with the best counselor for you based on your preferences, location and needs, the service may not always be successful.
Online Vs In Person Therapy
It is true but therapy online may not suit everyone. Being in a session, a physical one, is often something people need to open up and they may find it hard to communicate with someone who is not in the same room with them. Hence, after realizing this, they may want to cancel their subscription.
Mental Health Deteriorating
One thing clients may realize is that they require more help in terms of their mental health; they may be suffering from a serious mental disorder that requires a proper diagnosis, treatment and physical check-ups. All that is not possible in the online world.
Although Betterhelp is relatively affordable and also offers financial aid, everyone may not be in a good or stable position always; they may be saving up for an important event and may not have the cash or the savings to invest in their mental health. So, they may decide to cancel the subscription and sign up another time when they have money and not other commitments.
What Is Betterhelp – The Online Therapist
Betterhelp is one of the largest online platforms that provides multiple services for all types of people who are suffering from mental health problems and require counseling.
Members and clients do not have to go anywhere but can sit at home and avail a multitude of services that are affiliated with this online platform. Hence they avoid traveling, save time and can avail services keeping in mind their limitations caused by their mental health problems; sometimes people are not in the condition to go outside the house for therapy or counseling, they need services at home!
With around 1700 licensed professionals onboard, more than 900,000 clients and having conducted at least 70 million sessions online, it would be insufficient to say it is just one of those online platforms that provide mental health services! The best thing about Betterhelp is that it is available to all people regardless of their background and ensures people can choose the medium of communication that is most appropriate for them such as chatting, calls or video sessions with their counselors.
When you visit their site, you will see that the company realizes the various situations you may be stuck in; you could be a child who needs help, a person in a relationship who feels they need to opt for couple therapy or an individual who is having a tough time facing their problems. The website also recognizes people who experience different feelings, thoughts and experiences compared to the vast majority of people; it does not judge a person based on how others are but how the person is themself! So don’t worry! You are in good hands at Betterhelp.
Side Note: I have tried and tested various products and services to help with my anxiety and depression. See my top recommendations here, as well as a full list of all products and services our team has tested for various mental health conditions and general wellness.
Services At Betterhelp – Make Sure You Avail Them!
Before you consider canceling your subscription as a member at Betterhelp, take a quick look at the services they offer their members at very low costs!
- Chatrooms: These are open 24/7 and you can drop a message any time you feel like doing so. However, your counselor will only get back to you once they have the time or chance to. Usually people like dropping questions they want opinions on from their counselor and don’t mind waiting a bit.
- Live Chatting Sessions: here you can chat with your counselor in real time and there really is no limit on the number of messages exchanged or time spent talking here. It depends on the needs of the client and the nature of the problem.
- Live Phone Calls: Kind of like Skype this platform has their own system set up where you can have audio sessions with your service provider. It does not show your contact details to the counselor for reasons of privacy and in case the counselor and counselee become direct.
- Video Sessions: clients who are more comfortable or want a more personalized experience can also opt for video sessions. Like other mediums of interaction, there is no limit on these although people mostly hold the opinion that 1 or 2 sessions per week are sufficient.
Like we said their services do not cost much! Take a look:
- Weekly Plan It costs $80/week where you subscribe to their services for a week only and can avail whatever and how many sessions you need
- Monthly Plan: It costs a total of $260 per month which breaks down to $60/week. The client is billed monthly as well.
- Quarterly Plan: This plan costs a total of $540 but the weekly costs breaks down into $45 a week only because of the longer subscription availed by the client.
- Annual Plan: For clients who need long term services, they can pay $1820 which results in only $35 per week which is extremely cheap.
If you are still not happy with Betterhelp you can always try Talkspace which is also an online and mobile mental health platform that was founded in 2012. They have great service in that you have access to your counselors 24/7 and many people claim the service is more customized and user friendly! So if you are bent on canceling your subscription at Betterhelp then try Talkspace now!
Here is a list of other platforms you can also try:
This article answered yes to the question posed as to whether one can cancel Betterhelp and explained the possible reasons behind doing so. The article also highlighted the steps to readers on how they can quit this mental health platform. Furthermore, before providing more options to the audience in terms of online mental health services, the article described Betterhelp, its services and affordable pricing.