Calming prayers for surgery (15)
Prayer is the greatest deed in the world because it is the cause of all the goodness in the world.
The saints became saints through prayer, and we can imitate them. Without prayer, faith in divine power and optimism, healing would not be possible.
Scientists are convinced also of the power of prayer, and the results of their studies were truly spectacular.
“A prayer is a powerful remedy,” said Valeri Slezin, head of the Neuropsychophysiology Laboratory at the Bekhterev Institute for Psychoneurological Research and Development in Petersburg.
Professor Slezin did something unbelievable: he measured the power of prayer.
He recorded the electroencephalograms of some monks while praying and captured an unusual phenomenon – the complete “extinguishing” of the cerebral cortex.
This condition can only be observed in three-month-old babies, when they are next to their mothers, in absolute safety.
As a person grows, this sense of security disappears, brain activity increases, and this rhythm of cerebral bio-currents becomes rare, only during deep sleep or prayer, as the scientist has shown.
Valeri Slezin called this unknown state “easy awakening in prayer” and proved that it is of vital importance to anyone.
5 short prayers for surgery
- “Heavenly Father, thank you that you are my ever-present help in times of trouble. Please bless me I as undergo surgery. Your word says that you will never leave me or forsake me, and that you are always with me. Let me feel your presence with me during the operation. Please help me to trust in you, that you never stop watching over me and you are always working for my good. Lord, bless me and keep me, make your face shine upon me. Turn your face towards me and give me peace. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.”
- “Loving Father, thank you that you are my defender and that you give me victory in life. Thank you for the doctors and nurses involved in my surgery. Please guide their minds and hands that they may work with care and skill. The Bible says that you will fight for me while I remain still, rooted in you. As I lay still in my operation, please work on my behalf so that the operation is a success and I get better. You have loved me and have freed me from my sins by Jesus’ blood. To you be glory and dominion forever and ever. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.”
- “King of Kings, Lord of Lords, thank you that you are my shield and my strength. Protect me from harm during my upcoming surgery. You have promised that you will make all things work together for my good. Please guide the hands of the surgeon so that the operation is effective. Let my mind truly know that you are in control of my future and you love me. You are the God of hope. Fill me with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit I may abound in hope. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.”
- “Faithful Father, thank you that you hear and answer my prayers. The Bible says that, to those who ask, it will be given, to those who seek, it will be found and to those who knock, the door will be opened. Hear my prayer for a successful surgery. Give me assurance that I will be healed. May Christ dwell in my heart through faith so that I, being rooted and grounded in love, may have the strength to know the love of Christ that surpasses all knowledge. May I be filled with all the fullness of God. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.”
- “Mighty God, thank you that you are my creator. You know me better than anyone else. You know exactly what is wrong with my body and the surgery that is needed to fix it. Please ensure the success of my surgery, Lord. You have said that you give strength to the weary and increase the power of the weak. Give me the strength to face my operation with courage and with a calm mind. May your peace, which surpasses all understanding, guard my heart and my mind. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.”
15 Heartwarming prayers for surgery
- “O Lord, my God, thank you that you know me and you love me. Your word says that I do not need to be anxious about anything, but in every situation, I should present my requests to God. Please remove my anxiety about my upcoming surgery. Fill my mind with peace as I present my request for a successful operation to you and as I approach the operation date. Hear my prayer, protect me from harm, and restore me to full health. You are the King of ages, immortal, invisible, the only God. To you be honour and glory forever and ever. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.”
- “Lord, my Rock and Redeemer, thank you that you have plans for me that are for my good and your glory. You have promised that you are able to bless me abundantly, so that in all things at all times, you will supply everything I need. Let me be held in your capable hands as I undergo surgery. You are the God of peace, the great shepherd of the sheep. May you equip me with everything good so that I may do your will. Work in me, that I may be pleasing in your sight. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.”
- “Creator God, thank you that you are my strength and my song, you fill my heart with joy. The Bible says that all who are weary and burdened, should come to you, and you will give rest. Please help me to rest as I approach surgery. Your yoke is easy and your burden is light. Please help me to have a smooth and successful operation, and help me to have peace and joy in my heart. May grace, mercy, and tranquillity be with me, from God the Father and from Jesus Christ the Son, in truth and love. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.”
- “Generous Father, thank you that you made all things, and in you, all things hold together. My body holds together because of your sovereign will. My surgery can be successful because you have blessed the medical professionals with the gifts to carry it out. You have said that you are good to all, you have compassion on all you have made. Give me assurance that I am safe under your compassionate care and that you will be with me as I recover. Now may you, the Lord of Peace, give me peace at all times and in every way. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.”
- “All-Knowing God, thank you that you are all-powerful, you can do anything you desire. Help me be filled with gratitude for the access I have to medical care that allows me to have the surgery I need. I am so lucky to have access to this operation and to be able to financially make it happen. Your word says that you will respond to the prayer of the needy. Hear my prayer in this time of need and watch over me. May the love of the Father, the tenderness of the Son, and the presence of the Spirit, gladden my heart and bring peace to my soul, today and for all days. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.”
- “Merciful God, thank you that you make known your love and that your purposes will stand, your plans will not fail. You have promised that when I call on you in prayer, you will listen to me. Please hear my prayer to you for a successful surgery. Give me the strength to endure the recovery process that I may be restored to full health. May God the Father prepare my journey, Jesus the Son guide my footsteps, and the Holy Spirit watch over me. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.”
- “Lord of the Nations, thank you that there is nowhere I can go that is beyond your presence. As I have surgery, I remain in your loving presence. The Bible says that you will do whatever I ask in Jesus’ name. Hear my prayer in the name of your Son, that my operation would be successful with no complications. Give wisdom to those involved in carrying out my procedure. May the peace of God enfold me, the love of God uphold me and the wisdom of God control me. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.”
- “God of the Universe thank you that I am never alone, your presence calms the troubled sea of my life and speaks peace to my soul. You have said that I may ask you for anything in Jesus’ name, and you will do it. Let me be filled with faith instead of fear as I trust you for a successful operation. Let the majesty of the Father be the light that guides me, the compassion of the Son be the love that inspires me and the presence of the Spirit be the strength that empowers me. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.”
- “Everlasting Father, thank you that your promises are sure, you are faithful, I can rely on you. You have promised that, whatever I ask for in prayer, I should believe that I have received it, and it will be mine. I believe that you can ensure my surgery is successful, and that my recovery will be without complications. Please help me to relax as I trust you to be in control of all my circumstances. Be exalted above the heavens, O God. Let your glory be above all the earth. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.”
- “Prince of Peace, thank you that you are perfectly faithful. You never forget, you never fail and you never take back a promise. You have promised that, if I abide in you, I will produce much fruit. Help me to abide in you as I face surgery and the following recovery. Remind me that you are always with me. May you, the God of all grace, who has called me into eternal glory by Christ Jesus, make me holy, strong and filled with peace. To you be glory and honour forever and ever. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.”
- “Wonderful Counselor, thank you that your work is perfect, your ways are just, you are a God of faithfulness. Your word says that apart from you I can do nothing. As I approach my surgery, I am increasingly aware that I need to trust you and not rely on my own strength. My strength comes from you. Give me assurance that you are always watching over me with care and compassion. May I grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To you be glory both now and forever. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.”
- “Healing God, thank you that you are the same yesterday, today, and forever. You have healed people throughout history and I ask you to heal me now as I approach surgery. You have said that whoever follows you will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life. Shine your powerful light on my life at this time. Hear my prayer and bless my surgical procedure and recovery. Blessing and glory, wisdom and thanksgiving, honour, and power and strength, be unto you my God forever and ever. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.”
- “Compassionate Father, thank you that your word revives my soul, gives wisdom to my mind and produces joy in my heart. Your word says that those who seek the Lord lack no good thing. Help me to seek you with my whole heart as I undergo surgery. Guide the hands of the surgeon so that the operation may be safe and successful. May the peace of God reign in my life, the love of God surround me, the Spirit of God empower me and the joy of God uphold me. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.”
- “Name above all Names, thank you that, by you, all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible. You created me and my body rests in your capable hands. You have promised that you are able to bless me abundantly. Bless me with a successful surgical procedure and restore me to full health. May your love be the passion in my heart. May your joy be my strength when times are hard. May your presence be my peace that overflows. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.”
- “Lord Jesus Christ, thank you that all things were created through you and for you, you are before all things, and in you all things exist. You have said that in all things at all times, you will supply all that I need. Please look upon my physical needs at this time and restore strength to my body through this surgery. Remind me that you are always with me. May I find the comfort I desire in you and the strength I need in your name. May your presence be with me every hour of the day. In your mighty name, Amen.”
21 Encouraging Prayers for Surgery
- “Heavenly Father, thank you that you are God, and there is no other, you are God, and there is none like you. You have promised that when I pass through the waters, you will be with me, the rivers will not sweep over me, the fire will not burn me. protect me during this surgery Lord. Hear my prayer and bring physical healing to my body. May your peace be in my heart, your grace be in my words, your love be in my hands and your joy be in my soul. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.”
- “Dear Heavenly Father, I come to You with this very serious illness, asking for You to do a healing miracle in my body, for Your Son Jesus said that everything is possible for one who believes. Help me overcome any vestiges of unbelief and purify my faith so that I lean in on You in firm confidence that You will heal me, to the glory of my Savior. Amen.”
- “Dear Lord, You are the God of the Impossible! There is nothing You cannot do. I come to You now, desperate for a healing miracle. I ask for Your complete and total healing of every cell in my body. I believe that You are going to do this, to the glory of Jesus’ name. This sickness has brought many days and months of suffering, but joy comes in the morning. Hallelujah! Amen.”
- “Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for Your deep and boundless love, that You sustain me on my sickbed. I trust You to restore me and raise me up to full health. Thank You for sending Your own Son as a sacrifice for my sin and sickness. Since You are for me, I know that nothing can be against me. Overwhelming victory is mine through Your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.”
- “Oh, Jesus, my Great Healer, You are high and lifted up, the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and end. There is no one like You. I fix my eyes on You, and I ask You to grant healing and life to me. May I live life in all its abundance. May the works of God be displayed in me. The thief has come to steal, kill and destroy, but thank You, Jesus, that You came to give abundant life. I thank You, dear Savior, for pouring out blessing after blessing. Amen.”
- “Dearest Lord, my friend is about to undergo a very delicate surgery. Just thinking about the operation makes me very worried for his well-being. But Lord, I trust that You are sovereign. You are in control of this situation. My friend’s life is in Your hands. I ask that You surround me with Your peace that I may not worry and that You also touch my friend with Your powerful healing hands.
Bless the surgeons as well, God. Give them steady, dexterous hands as they operate on my friend. Keep their minds sharp all throughout the operation, so that every move they make will serve to help my friend’s ailing body.
At the end of it all, thank You, Lord, for the healing you will impart to my friend. Thank You for giving him an additional opportunity to live his life. Thank You for the extra time I will be able to spend with him and thank You that he will be able to spend time with me again soon. All these I ask in Your Name, Amen.”
- “Dearest God, I am deeply concerned now about my loved one who is on the operating table. As the surgeon performs the procedures on her, I cannot help but be worried. There are a lot of questions in my mind that come up about how she is doing. I know, God, that this surgery is out of my hands now, which is why I’m coming to You today.
I commit the life of my loved one to You, Father. You are the author of life, and You are the ultimate healer.
Take good care of her, God, as she is going under the surgeon’s machete. Take away whatever it is that is negatively affecting her body.
Be with the surgeon, too, Lord, as he performs this delicate operation. Enable him to do no harm to my loved one’s body.
Direct his hands during the entire course of the surgery. Allow him to locate the site of disease and remove it. As he cuts the flesh open and patches it back up afterwards, let his hands be gentle as a feather.
Let no damage be done on my loved one’s body.
I also ask, God, that through this surgery, You will show Yourself in a very personal way to my loved one.
Let her experience Your love firsthand. Reveal to her Your purpose in allowing this circumstance in her life. May she know You more deeply through this situation, God.
Let her experience Your peace that surpasses all understanding. I trust that You are watching over her through the entire operation.
She needs You now more than ever, so I thank You for being there for her at this time. Hold her in Your loving arms, God.
Be her comfort while she is on the operating table.
Continue to be with her, God, as she recovers after the surgery. Let her experience Your love even further through the blessing of having another chance at life.
Enable her, Lord, to live her life for Your glory as well as to be a channel of blessing to the ones she loves. All these I pray in Your Name, Amen.”
- “Heavenly Father, I take refuge in Your unfailing promises as I undergo this surgery. Protect my physical body as the surgeon operates on me. Let Your Spirit be with the surgeon, Lord, that he may help me to be restored to good health once again. I trust that You are my healer, God, and it is only through You that my health will be restored.
Father, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, allow me to be not afraid.
Be my comfort. Let Your goodness and mercy follow me, even through this surgery. Please be with me at this time when I am most vulnerable.
Grant me peace of mind that I may not worry. In Your Name, I ask all these, Amen.”
- “Dearest Lord, I entrust my life to You today as I go on the operating table. May Your hand be upon the surgeons and doctors who will do the operation. Allow them to act as extensions of Your healing hands. Enable them to be the instruments that will help me recover my strength. As I fall asleep from the anaesthetic, I ask You to be with me always. Allow me to feel Your presence. Let Your peace surround me even as I am unconscious. I trust in Your promise, God, that when I call to you for help, you will heal me. All these things I ask in Your Name, Amen.”
- “ Heavenly Father, the author of life, thank You that I am able to undergo this life-saving operation. Thank You for the doctors, nurses, and surgeons who will serve as channels of Your healing for me today.
Thank You for blessing them with intelligent minds that know exactly what to do, steady hands that can gently help repair my body, and compassionate hearts that always put their patients first.
As this operation takes place, God, I ask that You oversee every moment of it.
Help the surgeons to do no harm to my body. Enable me to rest in Your peace, God, as I await a full recovery soon.
I am forever grateful to You for giving me another chance at life. I commit all aspects of this surgery to You, Lord, for you are in control of everything. In Your Name, I pray, Amen.”
- “Oh God of my salvation, I call upon Your Name, as I face this dread disease. I thank You that Your grace abounds in these deepest waters. I humbly ask You to place Your healing hand on me, for I am desperate. As the wax melts before the fire, may these tumours shrink into oblivion, and all symptoms of cancer disappear. I bless Your Name, Lord, for You daily bear my burden. My soul rests in Your embrace. Amen.”
- “Oh Lord, You are to me a God of deliverances! Please lead me out of this prison of disability and into a life of prosperous health and full mobility. I thank You, O God, that You provide in Your goodness for the weak and impaired. I ask You to bless with a plentiful rain of healing. You have never failed me, and I trust in Your love and grace. I am Yours, and You are mine. Amen.”
- “My Jesus, as You told us to do, I continue to pray, and not lose heart that I will be finally healed. I come to You, my Righteous Judge, and keep coming, keep asking, and keep seeking and knocking. I come to You in shameless perseverance for the healing that You have promised. I keep my eyes fixed on You, dear Jesus, the Author and Perfector of my faith. Amen.”
- “Dear Lord, I claim what You have promised is the heritage of the servants of the Lord. I am far from the oppression of disease – I will not fear. This sickness that has assailed me will fall off of me because of You, my Righteous Redeemer. No weapon formed against me will prosper. My faith will stand in Your provision and grace, Jehovah Raphael, my Great Healer. Amen.”
- “I pray to You, Self-existent, Eternal God, to grapple with what is contending with me, and set me free from this prison of suffering. This tyrant of chronic pain has stolen any semblance of normal life and mobility. Please deliver from this terrible oppression. I lift my eyes to You, for only in You do I hope. Thank You for walking with me in this fire, my Help and my Salvation. Amen.”
- “My God, my Healer, I praise You, for You have regarded the prayer of the destitute. I thank You for looking down from Your holy heaven, for hearing the groaning of this prisoner of a terminal disease. You set free those who have been doomed to death. When fear surrounds me, I look to You, my miracle-working Savior. My faith in You has no borders. Please grant deliverance from this deadly illness, and bless me with the fullness of health. Amen.”
- “Precious Holy Spirit, I thank You that You dwell in me and that this sickness has been overcome because You are greater than anything in the world. I thank You for granting peace and courage. I thank You that the same power that raised Jesus from the dead is living in me, and I trust You, dear Spirit, to give life to my mortal body. Your sovereign hand is my guide, O Lord. Take me deeper in my faith as I trust in You for the restoration of my health. Amen.”
- “Heavenly Father, I thank You that this affliction is overwhelmingly conquered through You, for You love me. I know that the weapons of warfare with which You have blessed me are divinely powerful to destroy this fortress of disease and disability. In the Mighty Name of Jesus, every symptom that has been raised up against me is destroyed. Everything that should not be in my body is taken captive and is evicted forever! Amen.”
- “O God, from the abundance of Your glorious riches, please strengthen me with Your Holy Spirit’s power in my physical body. My heart is full of faith in You. I know Your healing will exceed anything I can comprehend, because of the power of Your Holy Spirit working within me. I will keep my eyes above the raging waves of infirmity. To You be glory forever. Amen.”
- “Most Holy God, thank You for lavishing Your Spirit on me and healing my body because I hear and believe Your Word. I meditate on the extraordinary miracles You have performed throughout history, and my faith is made stronger. I confidently expect what is certain. I anticipate with great pleasure the manifestation of Your healing, as I trust in You. Amen.”
- “Lord, I wait for You to bring my healing. My soul waits, and I hope in Your Word, for with You there is loving-kindness and abundant deliverance from all disorders and disease. I am blessed and thankful to abide in the presence of my Savior, with access to Your throne room and intimacy with You. I know that my hope will not be disappointed because of Your great love that You pour out on us who believe. Amen.”