At will employment resignation letters (3 samples)
This blog post will show you samples of “At will employment resignation letters.”
Samples of at will employment resignation letters
At-will employment means “an employee is free to leave a job at any time for any reason or no reason” without suffering potential legal consequences. The employment rule can also be modified through an employment contract that specifies the employer’s terms of employment and termination.
As an “at will” employee, you can quit your job at any time and for any reason. Nevertheless, you should give some consideration to your employer’s needs. When resigning it is best to write a resignation letter despite what your contract says. Writing a resignation letter increases chances of being rehired in the future, and also leaves a positive impression on your employer.
Some of the tips of writing the perfect resignation letter are:
- Regardless of your reasons for leaving your job, communicate your decision to your employer in a positive and polite way. Avoid complaints about the company, your manager or coworkers.
- Start your letter with an introduction; a formal salutation, address the recipient by name and, if you prefer, use a standard greeting such as “Dear\ [First name],” or “Hello [First name].”
- The next step is to tell your employer about leaving your job and the final work date. The standard notice period is two weeks; however, your company might have specific instruction around what your last date of work should be. Keep your letter short as the essential part of the letter is the Last date of your work.
- Indicate the reason you are leaving your job. It would be best to be polite as you will leave a positive impression on your employer. Maintain your composure when drafting the letter.
- Finally, thank your employer for the position and the opportunities you have enjoyed during your work period. A statement of gratitude, helps foster a peaceful transition.
Example: “I am grateful to have had the opportunity to learn from the best and grow as a designer. I will always cherish the experiences I had working with you and the team.”
- You can choose to list any key information the recipient should be aware of regarding your transition. The last step is to end your letter with a departing statement such as “Sincerely,” or “Thank you,” and your name.
Sample 1: “At will employment resignation letters”
Your City, State Zip Code
Your Phone Number
City, State Zip Code
Dear Mr./Ms. Last Name:
I am writing to notify you of my resignation from my position as analyst at ABC Company. My last day will be August 20, 20XX.
Please let me know how I can be of service during my final two weeks at the company. I am more than happy to train an incoming employee, or assist with the transition in any other way.
Thank you for all of the professional opportunities you have provided me over the past three years. I wish you and the company all the best.
Your Signature (hard copy letter)
Your Typed Name
Sample 2 : “At will employment resignation letters”
Subject: Resignation – Firstname Lastname
Dear Mr./Ms. Lastname,
Please accept this as my formal notice of resignation from XYZ Company. My last day will be September 14, 20XX, two weeks from today.
I appreciate your support during my tenure here, and I take with me the valuable experiences I have gained over the last six years. It has been a pleasure working with you and the team.
Please let me know how I can help during this transition. I wish you all the best as the company continues to grow.
Sample 3: “At will employment resignation letters”
55 W Church St
Orlando, FL, 32801
August 6, 2016
Beardall Senior Center
80 South Delaney Avenue
Orlando, FL, 32422
Dear Mrs. Augustine,
I must regretfully inform you of my resignation from the Beardall Senior Center. My last day will be August 20th.
Working at the Senior Center has been one of my favorite jobs I’ve had and I couldn’t have asked for a better group of people to work alongside. Thank you for being so understanding about my family situation and constructing a schedule that allows me to be home for my children as much as possible.
I hope you don’t have any issues in finding a replacement. I’m sure you won’t as you are an excellent supervisor and a wonderful person.
If there’s anything I can do to help, please let me know.
Frequently Asked Questions: Samples of at will employment resignation letters
How do you reply to a resignation letter?
“I am writing to formally acknowledge and accept your letter of resignation, received on [Date] for the [Job Title] position at [Company], effective [last working date]. [Use this section to express your gratitude and appreciation for the contributions the employee has made to the company.”
Why did you leave your last job best answer?
“I’ve learned a lot in my current position, including valuable communication and conflict management skills. I’d like for my next opportunity to give me a chance to build on my leadership skills.” “I know that I do my best work when I can balance my work and personal responsibilities.”
We hope the above blog post was helpful. Please leave your comments and questions below.