This agoraphobia test will screen the symptoms of agoraphobia in you. This Agoraphobia Test will provide a clear guideline on the basis of your scores, either you need psychological help or not. This Agoraphobia Test cannot be used in a professional setting and for diagnostic purposes.
First, it is necessary to understand what are anxiety disorders and what is agoraphobia.
There is a difference between normal anxiety symptoms and Anxiety Disorder, having a knowledge of that will help the person treat it properly.
Most prominent anxiety symptoms are:
Excessive worries: this worry is out of proportion about the normal everyday situations.
Feeling agitated: This agitation affects the body by altering its functioning. The person experiencing anxiety starts getting shaky, dry mouth, sweaty palms and a racing heart.
Restlessness: The person experiencing anxiety symptoms gets overly restless and stays uncomfortable and there is always a need to move.
Fatigue: This is another symptom of anxiety, which is because of overactivity and restlessness that person feels fatigued
Difficulty concentrating: Concentration gets disturbed in case of anxiety, as the agitation, and restlessness causes the lack of focus and person ends up in the inability to concentrate on the tasks at hand.
Irritability: This is another symptom of anxiety, the person starts feeling excessively irritable.
Tense Muscles: The muscles get tense and causes discomfort.
Trouble falling or staying asleep: Person surrounded by anxiety and is prone to anxiety symptoms, it gets difficult for them to get sound sleep.
Symptoms of agoraphobia:
In agoraphobia person experience the following:
● Extreme fear and avoidance of situations, events or places where escape is not possible in the face of danger
● It can be fear of open spaces, public transportations, enclosed places, being in a crowd or going outside of the home
● They can avoid public situations to the extent that their everyday life becomes extremely difficult.
- The difficulty is experienced in different domains of life, .e.g., family, occupational, social, educational and personal.
What is Unique about this Agoraphobia Test
This agoraphobia test is unique in its own way, as it was developed on the basis of an experienced clinical psychologist interview with the patients of agoraphobia. The question statements in the test are based on the DSM 5 criteria for Agoraphobia.
This Agoraphobia Test will help in screening the agoraphobia, and the directions for further help will be indicated in case of requirement.
Side Note: I have tried and tested various products and services to help with my anxiety and depression. See my top recommendations here, as well as a full list of all products and services our team has tested for various mental health conditions and general wellness.
Enjoyed this article? Then Repin to your own inspiration board so others can too!
What we recommend for Phobias
- If you are suffering from Phobias then ongoing professional counselling may be your ideal first point of call. Counselling will utilize theories such as Cognitive behavioural therapy which will help you address the fears you are facing.
- Phobias and anxiety go hand in hand and in the end they result in Panic. A panic course such as this may help you alleviate those feelings of fears as it has with over 50,000 people.
- Weighted Blankets may help you sleep better if your phobias are affecting your quality of sleep. Weighted blankets apply enough weight on you that they make you feel much more relaxed and calm at night.