Affirmations for body dysmorphia (21+)
Affirmations for body dysmorphia
- Growth and change take time.
- I admire and love my body.
- I am capable of much more than being thin or sexy. I have more important gifts to contribute to this world than how I look.
- I am confident that my body is just fine.
- I am responsible for my happiness.
- I avoid comparing my body to other people’s.
- I have a body to be proud of.
- I have to remind myself that my worth is not dictated by my exterior – that who I am on the inside and how I am with others in every day life is how my worth should be calculated.
- I know my body is unique and precious.
- I see my body exactly as it is.
- I stay relaxed around other people.
- I take a relaxed view of my body.
- I’ve had to break up with my scale and put it in a place where I can’t check my weight daily
- I’ve had to do positive affirmations to myself to remind myself that I am beautiful and smile to reiterate those feelings
- I’ve had to focus more on measurements versus how much I weight to determine progress with fitness
- I’ve had to take stock in who I surrounded myself with including God and the best friends and family I could ask for to ensure I had positive support around me
- My body image is improving every day.
- My body is an instrument for good, not an ornament for display. I can do amazing things thanks to my mind and body.
- My body is beautiful.
- My body proportions are just right.
- My life has value and purpose.
- My value does not come from my appearance. Nothing can diminish my value.
- One day at a time.
- Other people compliment me on my body.
- Progress, not perfection, is my goal.
- There is more to me than my body. My size or attractiveness does not define who I am.
- Treating my body with respect leads to health and joy.
Other affirmations you may like
Positive affirmations that aren’t cheesy
Positive affirmations for shifting realities
Positive affirmations with I am
Positive affirmations with God