Affirmations for black girls (29+)
Affirmations for black girls
- Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation, and that is an act of political warfare. – Audre Lorde
- Don’t be afraid to use your voice.
- Even if it makes others uncomfortable, I will love who I am.- Janelle Monáe
- Feelings are your personal property. You have a right to express yourself in a way that allows other people to hear and understand you.
- Have courage, be confident, and always be True to yourself!
- I am a feminist, and what that means to me is much the same as the meaning of the fact that I am Black; it means that I must undertake to love myself and to respect myself as though my very life depends upon self-love and self-respect. – June Jordan
- I am black and beautiful
- I am confident in all that I do
- I am Enough
- I am intelligent
- I am loved
- I am the master of me
- I got this!
- I love all my kinks and curls in my hair
- I love the skin I am in
- I need to see my own beauty and to continue to be reminded that I am enough, that I am worthy of love without effort, that I am beautiful, that the texture of my hair and that the shape of my curves, the size of my lips, the color of my skin, and the feelings that I have are all worthy and okay. – Tracee Ellis Ross
- I was built this way for a reason, so I’m going to use it.- Simone Biles
- If we give our children sound self-love, they will be able to deal with whatever life puts before them.- bell hooks
- Live your life fearlessly!
- Mistakes are not the end of you. Challenges are not the end of you. You learn from them and you get better because of them. You are resilient and powerful.
- My Body is at peace
- My Body is aware of its needs and desires
- My Body is bold and brave
- My Body is full of love and acceptance
- My Body is healthy and whole
- My Body is in the best shape/size it needs to be at this moment
- My Body is mine it belongs to me
- My Body is not my worth
- My Body is strong
- My Body is valuable and powerful
- My voice is powerful
- No matter what your grades look like, you are a strong, capable student. I see you growing and making progress.
- One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals. – Michelle Obama
- Self-esteem means knowing you are the dream.– Oprah Winfrey
- Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.- Maya Angelou
- That was a really good decision. You’re a strong decision-maker and a great problem-solver.
- The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.- Alice Walker
- We have so much coming in as sisters, when is our interior life ever put at the forefront? We constantly want to give to other people … Too much of not caring for yourself is not a good thing. We’re bad at that as achievers. Self-care is a priority and we have to do it more. – Ava DuVernay
- When you speak, speak with boldness and purpose.
- You are a giving, generous person. You are open-hearted but you are also wise.
- You are a magnet for blessings.
- You are an asset to our community. You have leadership qualities all over you. You make our people and our ancestors proud.
- You are healthy. Your mind is healthy. Your spirit is healthy. Your heart is healthy. Your body is healthy. Because you’re healthy, you are whole. Because you’re whole, you’re prepared for your opportunities.
- You are uniquely gifted. No one else in the world can do exactly what you do in exactly the way you do it. That’s amazing.
- You are your best thing. – Toni Morrison
- You make me proud and you should be proud of yourself.
- You’re NOT an angry Black woman; you re a woman who has something important to say.
- You’ve got to learn to leave the table when love’s no longer being served. – Nina Simone
- Your body is beautifully perfect. It is the perfect body for you. You are more than your shape or size—you’re love and joy and beauty—but you’re good just the way you are right now.
- Your future is your own. You will have everything you need to be the woman that you’re supposed to become.
- Your hair is the perfect halo for your head. It’s stunning and strong and soft at the same time, just like you.
- Your skin is a gorgeous shade of brown. It sparkles like gold.
- Your Thoughts, opinions, and ideas are just as important as anybody else s.
- Your voice has GREAT power; don’t be afraid to utilize it when needed.
- Your voice matters and so do YOU.
Other affirmations you may like
positive affirmations for someone you love
Positive affirmations for someone with PTSD
Positive affirmations for someone with depression
Positive affirmations for someone with cancer