24 hours resignation letter in malaysia (4 samples)
This blog post will show you samples of “24 hours resignation letters in Malaysia.”
Writing a “24 hours resignation letter in Malaysia”
When writing a “24 hours resignation letter in Malaysia,” these are some of the things that you need to keep in mind.
- In Malaysia, the common length of notice period typically ranges from one month notice or more. Failure in compliance might result in deduction of salary, however, the law forbids your employer to say no to your resignation regardless.
- Before you resign with a 24-hour notice, you should heavily consider the repercussions of the action you are about to take.Schedule a one-on-one meeting with your boss before submitting the resignation letter.
- Submit the resignation letter and indicate the reason you are leaving your job. It would be best to be polite as you will leave a positive impression on your employer. Maintain your composure when drafting the letter.
- Thank your employer for the position and the opportunities you have enjoyed during your work period.
- Ensure you proofread your letter before sending it to your employer. You can send the letter to your family and friend to check for grammatical errors.
Sample 1: “24 hours resignation letter in malaysia”
“Dear [recipient name],
I write this letter to inform you of my decision to resign from my position as [your job title] with effect from tomorrow. In this respect, I have issued a 24-hour notice as per the company policy on short notice resignation.
I have decided to resign from my current role due to [explain why you’re leaving if possible]. In the meantime, I have delegated my duties to my assistant, and I will use the day to clear any pending work. Please let me know if you require any assistance from me in the remaining period.
Kindly forward my final payslip to the following address (your new address). You may contact me via [email/phone number] in case you require more details.
I must say I am sad to leave the company at this moment, but this is the best decision. I’m grateful to you for granting me the opportunity to be part of your success story. I have learned a lot, and I believe the knowledge and skills I have gained will be valuable in shaping my career.
I wish you all and the company success.
Sample 2: “24 hours resignation letter in malaysia”
“Dear Mr./Ms. Manager:
Please accept this letter of resignation from the position of [Job Title], effective tomorrow.
Most of you already know the reason I am leaving is due to my mother’s battle with stage 4 cancer.. I have enjoyed working at [company name] and will miss my colleagues. If there is anything I can do even after I leave to further any projects, please don’t hesitate to ask me. I can be reached at [phone number] or [email address].
Signature of Sender
Printed Name of Sender”
Sample 3: “24 hours resignation letter in malaysia”
“Dear John —
Please accept this letter as my formal resignation. I sincerely apologize for the 24 hours notice on this resignation and realize this is going to cause some distress on my team and the company. If this was not absolutely necessary, I would not be resigning in this fashion as a sign of respect for the job and company.
As discussed, my final day of employment will be tomorrow, at the end of the workday at 5 pm on the date of May 26th, 2019.
Thank you so much for this opportunity.
Sample 4: “24 hours resignation letter in malaysia”
“Dear Mr./Ms. Last Name:
Please accept this letter as notification that I am resigning from my job effective tomorrow (September 15). I apologize for not being able to give more notice. However, I regret that, due to circumstances beyond my control, I need to resign right away.
If possible, please forward my final paycheck to my home address (listed above).
Thank you for the support that you have provided me during my tenure with the company.
Your Signature (hard copy letter)
Your Typed Name”
Frequently Asked Questions: Writing a “24 hours resignation letter in Malaysia”
Can I resign in 24 hours in Malaysia?
No it is illegal – nowhere in the BCEA is their any provision allowing an employee to terminate his employment contract on 24 hours notice. Ensure you have a valid reason for your 24 hours notice.
Can I resign with immediate effect Malaysia?
All you have to do is come to an agreement with your employer to make a change to your contract, or agree with them to waive the notice period.
If you like this article, please post your comments and questions below.