11 Living with anxiety quotes
In this post, we will be listing out the best ‘living with anxiety’ quotes. Anxiety can be a difficult condition for anyone to deal with, but knowing that there are so many other people living with it can be comforting.
Living with anxiety quotes
The best living with anxiety quotes have been listed as follows,
1. “Worrying is carrying tomorrow’s load with today’s strength-carrying two days at once. It is moving into tomorrow ahead of time. Worrying doesn’t empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.” – Corrie Ten Bloom
This quote by Corrie Ten Bloom speaks about worry which leads to anxiety. According to this quote, if you worry, you are giving up your energy for a needless task. Rather than focusing on the present, you are focusing more on the future which is unpredictable.
2. “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” – Amit Ray
This quote by Amit Ray is often used by therapists and counselors for those who are dealing with anxiety. This quote is all about bringing more zen into your life and relishing the present moment rather than worrying about the past or the future.
3. “Let your mind and heart rest for a while. You will catch up, the world will not stop spinning for you, but you will catch up. Take a rest.” – Cynthia Go
Since most of our anxiety comes due to constant worry, this quote emphasizes the need and importance for rest and recovery. Many people often stop resting since they worry that they will lag behind. But this is not true since success catches up to everyone who works hard.
4. “The best use of creativity is imagination. The worst use of creativity is anxiety.” – Deepak Chopra
This is another translation of anxiety which can be very useful to put things into perspective. In this quote, Chopra indicates that anxiety is simply a by-product of creativity gone wrong, while the best use of creativity is healthy imagination.
5. “Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it.” – Kahlil Gibran
Gibran explains that anxiety is not only about worrying about the future and thinking about it, but rather wanting to control. Instead, more energy and focus can be given to enjoying and living in the moment.
6. “I’m not lazy. I’m just exhausted from fighting my way through every single day.” – Mimi Love
Mimi Love well-explains what people with anxiety go through on a daily basis. Anxiety can be physically and mentally exhausting and can cause the person to stop working altogether, which others may misinterpret as laziness.
7. “Go easy on yourself; whatever you do today, let it be enough.” – Buddhist proverb
Buddhists are masters of mindfulness and living in the present. In this proverb, it is explained that whatever has been done is enough and sufficient. Rest is imminent for those who are living with anxiety.
8. “Social anxiety results from being around people who are resolutely opposed to who you are.” – Stefan Molyneux
This quote is more directed towards social anxiety. Molyneux clearly mentions that social anxiety does not stem from just any other reason, but by mainly being around those who can be restricting to one’s personalities.
9. “It is mental slavery to cling to things that have stopped serving its purpose in your life.” – Chinoye J. Chidolue
Chidolue through this quote speaks about how anxiety is a form of mental slavery. There can be many things in life which can chain a person down. Instead of holding on to these, it is time to let go to experience freedom from anxiety.
10. “The life in front of you is far more important than the life behind you.” – Joel Osteen
Joel Osteen speaks about how the future is more important than the past for any person. Anxiety can often lead a person to constantly worry about the future or feel guilty about the past. But, none of these are important. Rather, the present moment is what counts.
11. “You can’t calm the storm. So stop trying. What you can do is calm yourself. The storm will pass.” – Timber Hawkeye
This brilliant quote by Hawkeye can be a great coping strategy and affirmation for those who are living with anxiety. According to this, rather than trying to heal the storm, you need to heal and work on calming yourself which will automatically make the anxiety go away.
12. “Anxiety, I will transform you into something useful and productive. I will not bow down to you.” – Jaeda Dewalt
This is a powerful quote directly addressing anxiety. Dewalt openly declares that she will not let anxiety take over her life. Instead, she will use her energy to change her anxiety into something healthy and productive.
13. “Anxiety is when the butterflies in your stomach turn into bees.” – Bridgett Devoue
Devoue uses this quote to clearly describe what anxiety really feels like. Instead of butterflies which flutter around in different ways, anxiety feels like bees which buzz around in a really fast manner.
14. “Anxiety’s like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn’t get you very far.” – Jodi Picoult
This quote by Picoult can also be used to explain what anxiety really feels like for someone who is living with it. According to this quote, anxiety feels like using a rocking chair which looks like someone is moving but in fact is not moving anywhere.
15. “Anxiety was born in the very same moment as mankind. And since we will never be able to master it, we will have to learn to live with it – just as we have learned to live with storms.” – Paulo Coelho
Paulo Coelho discusses in this quote the origins of anxiety and mentions that it has been there throughout the existence of humanity. Instead of trying to control the anxiety, people have to learn to live with anxiety.
16. “Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Emerson explains openly that true peace from worry and anxiety cannot be sought from anywhere else but the person themselves. This quote can also be used as a cue for those who constantly look for solutions elsewhere but don’t intend on changing themselves.
17. “Nothing is permanent in this wicked world – not even our troubles.” – Charlie Chaplin
The great comedian Charlie Chaplin has declared through this quote that nothing, including anxiety, is permanent in today’s world. Even if today has brought a lot of anxiety, it is not guaranteed that it will continue into tomorrow as well.
18. “We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie.” – David Mamet
David Mamet, through this quote, has mentioned how simple happiness can be. While anxiety can come when many things are being focused on, it can also go away when something simple as a pie is relished and consumed.
19. “Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety.” – Plato
The great Plato has explained that no issue in this world deserves any anxiety. Anxiety is not a natural feeling and is more man-made because of past experiences and misinterpretations of these.
In this post, we have listed out the best ‘living with anxiety’ quotes through which those who have anxiety will have comfort and peace knowing that there are so many others just like them in this world.
If you like this post, please leave your comments and questions in the space below.